Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Bipod

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Magpul Bipod

Just order your Remington 700 stock and magazine conversion for my new 700 Tactical. Was wondering if you were ever contemplating making a Bipod. I'm amazed at what a decent bipod goes for. The Atlas and Javelin bipods are averaging about $225 and up. Would be cool if you guys could put your inventive genius on one of these. Thanks

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    Just order your Remington 700 stock and magazine conversion for my new 700 Tactical. Was wondering if you were ever contemplating making a Bipod. I'm amazed at what a decent bipod goes for. The Atlas and Javelin bipods are averaging about $225 and up. Would be cool if you guys could put your inventive genius on one of these. Thanks
    Cheap is seldom synonymous with good.

Harris is not an option for you?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I agree, cheap isn't good. Maybe economical is a better term. Harris bipods aren't bad, except their to stiff. Theirs no play in them and the rifle seems to hop during recoil. I had a Versa Pod that I liked. I just didn't like the fact it was a Chicom knock off of a Parker and Hale bipod.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't regret splurging on an Atlas, my other bipods now sit in the parts bin.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    I agree, cheap isn't good. Maybe economical is a better term. Harris bipods aren't bad, except their to stiff. Theirs no play in them and the rifle seems to hop during recoil. I had a Versa Pod that I liked. I just didn't like the fact it was a Chicom knock off of a Parker and Hale bipod.
    I see what you're saying....have you diagnosed why you're getting recoil hop? Are you loading into the bipod ? It's really all in your shooting position - how you set up behind the gun.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    I don't regret splurging on an Atlas, my other bipods now sit in the parts bin.
    I have an atlas and a few Harris and I'll be honest, I like the Harris better. Just my .02

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Your right. I like the Versa Pod/Parker Hale type, because you can load the bipod play forward. During recoil, the bipod has some play in it and it doesn't hop on hard surfaces/bench.

Feedback Score
    Bipods don't hop. Like glock said if the gun is jumping under recoil you either aren't loading the bipod correctly or your position is off.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Ordered an Atlas from Brownells. Can't wait to try it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It looks like they were thinking about it, and its cheap too!

https://www.magpul.com/products/magp...il-a-r-m-s-17s

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast