Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Bipod

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Well.. Took the legs apart and made my own notch for the 45 degree. Much happier. I wouldn't advise unless you know how the plunger works and what it needs to sit on. If you just grind away a new notch, your plunger will come right out and you have yourself a 100 dollar paper weight. While this is probably the more feature rich bi-pod for 109 bucks. It is not an Atlas, KAC, Evolution, GGG, etc. I wish the legs locked in the closed position. And had a 45 degree capabilities. Other then that, its a nice bi-pod.
    The legs don't lock closed?

ETA, when I first read that I was super disappointed. Then again, the Harris legs don't either. They're just really hard to lower.
    Last edited by bp7178; 08-14-18 at 20:19.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Is a polymer M-Lok rail section considered strong enough to mount the bipod?
    Last edited by opngrnd; 08-15-18 at 19:32. Reason: Grammer

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    The legs don't lock closed?

ETA, when I first read that I was super disappointed. Then again, the Harris legs don't either. They're just really hard to lower.
    That's actually pretty easy to see in their video, looks like it was designed that way for quick deployment.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Either way not a deal breaker. Upon handling it the Magpul bipod seems more like a Harris killer instead of an Atlas killer. Keeping in mind the Atlas is nicer for around $150 more. I was surprised the Magpul and Atlas weighed the same, 11.3oz on my scale w/o a mount. The Atlas is a little more low profile, but nothing earth shattering.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Either way not a deal breaker. Upon handling it the Magpul bipod seems more like a Harris killer instead of an Atlas killer. Keeping in mind the Atlas is nicer for around $150 more. I was surprised the Magpul and Atlas weighed the same, 11.3oz on my scale w/o a mount. The Atlas is a little more low profile, but nothing earth shattering.
    That's precisely what it is for me. An alternative to the Harris, not an Atlas. Between just a few guys I was shooting with recently, I can think of four Magpul bipods sold to people who would have ended up with a Harris eventually but are better served(theoretically) by the Magpul, so they bought a Magpul. Mine showed up today. I think it's all about trying to sway the "working man" demographic, and Magpul seems to do that well as a company.

Feedback Score
    Am I the only one who is hoping for a version that attaches to an old-fashioned sling-swivel stud?

For those of us coming from Harris bipods, and/or those of us whose bolt guns came with an extra stud to mount a bipod, this isn't going to work well...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good updates guys. Unfortunately for me, I really wanted the 45 degree legs.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'd be surprised if we don't see a "PRO" version in a year or two that has 45 degree legs, etc ... they may be taking Harris's money right now, but there's a whole other group of consumers after that to attract.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yeah, the Atlas hits the marks for me now but if MP makes a “pro” which adds the 45 degree, I am game.

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I'd be surprised if we don't see a "PRO" version in a year or two that has 45 degree legs, etc ... they may be taking Harris's money right now, but there's a whole other group of consumers after that to attract.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Well I had photos in this thread that disappeared. Guess they didn't want pics of there product modified in their thread. The 45 is the main appeal for me personally. It would be a huge alternative to the atlas, and other 45 degree bipods. I wouldn't think adding another slot in the leg would add much cost when it's already being machined. I'll keep the one I modified and wait out for the next version.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast