Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recent production Glock 19 gen 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavydmp View Post
    Lest ye forget, I posit the HK USP over those sirrah...
    USP45 that is. The 9 and 40 variants have an exponentially higher failure rate than the 45 (which the design was based on). They are still great guns, but not on the level of the 45 variants. The USP45 is probably the most reliable handgun ever made.

P30 , P2K & VP9 are all at the top of the heap as well as far as I am concerned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus Pilum View Post
    USP45 that is. The 9 and 40 variants have an exponentially higher failure rate than the 45 (which the design was based on). They are still great guns, but not on the level of the 45 variants. The USP45 is probably the most reliable handgun ever made.

P30 , P2K & VP9 are all at the top of the heap as well as far as I am concerned.
    The USP platform was designed around the 40. The 45 was the last to be released.
    Last edited by Talon167; 03-07-16 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    2013 G17 stock, 1st 1000 rnds, 0 malfunctions, piles brass 1ft to the right. Lighter striker spring, and other trigger mods, light strikes, factory striker spring back to zero, round count N of 4000.

2015 G17 stock, 400 rnds no malfunctions, piles brass slightly further away. Trigger pull is very heavy, only gripe.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    34 (unless a police gun) should have the minus connector so it would be pretty surprising if it didn't have a better trigger.

I've got a Gen 4 17 with a lighter measured trigger than a Gen 3 22 I have (both owned since new, with similar round counts) as well as Gen 4 19s and a Gen 2 that's the other way around...all bone stock except sights of course. Feel is subjective - but I can't tell any difference between the pulls with a glove on to hide the grip texture. All shoot equally well, and the Gen 4 texture certainly is more of an advantage than whatever disadvantage the Gen 4 trigger allegedly has IMO.
    A Gen4 with the minus connector is the worst feeling trigger stock trigger I've ever felt. It may break a little lighter, but it breaks sooner, with the difference made up in over-travel. Gen4s have the same trigger travel as the Gen3s, they just break sooner and have more over-travel.

I'm a Gen4 convert going back a few years, but the longer I spend with 'em, the more I think the Gen3 is the better design and better gun altogether.

There's a lot more documented testing on the M9 and P226 than Glocks. The M9 and P226 are stupid reliable unless you let the gov't get involved.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    A Gen4 with the minus connector is the worst feeling trigger stock trigger I've ever felt. It may break a little lighter, but it breaks sooner, with the difference made up in over-travel. Gen4s have the same trigger travel as the Gen3s, they just break sooner and have more over-travel.

I'm a Gen4 convert going back a few years, but the longer I spend with 'em, the more I think the Gen3 is the better design and better gun altogether.

There's a lot more documented testing on the M9 and P226 than Glocks. The M9 and P226 are stupid reliable unless you let the gov't get involved.
    Have you tried the minus connector with the gen 3 trigger bar? Made a huge difference for me.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Not the OP, but I really like the Gen3 triggers. They're just flat out better than the 4s. My bone stock Gen3 34 puts my 4s to shame.
    so change triggers
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If I didn't have a choice I guess I would. However, I never make it a practice of not test firing a weapon I intend to carry. That said, I've bought 10 Glocks in the past year and haven't had a single issue with any of them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234