Thread: Will Badger Ordnance EFR install on Magpul Hunter 700 stock?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Will Badger Ordnance EFR install on Magpul Hunter 700 stock?

I purchased a Badger Ordnance Embedded front rail (EFR) to install on my Remington 700 5R so I can use my PVS-22 on it. Problem is the stock is almost too small for it to be machined and the EFR installed. Its a factory stock which is the HS precision #PSV-096.

I was thinking about the Magpul Hunter 700 stock. Per the title, Anyone know if the EFR will fit this stock?
    Per BA installation instructions the hole has to be milled to 1.625" wide x 3" long x .75" deep.

I do NOT want to use the LW-EFR due to 1. cost, 2. I would break it off sticking that far out in front of the stock which would cost even more.

Any other stocks that dont cost an arm and a leg that will work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    If the EFR will fit on the A3 Mcmillan I am sure it would fit on the Magpul. Do you already have the EFR? You could also try the KRG chassis or if you want to stay with a traditional style the B&C stocks are always a good bet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I already bought the EFR. The gunsmith said the EFR will be flush on the side of the HS stock. He said the epoxy will make is smooth and help it blend in. I never received an answer from magpul so I sent my stock to the gunsmith for the work. I should get it back in three or four weeks.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I would like to see the pics as that would be a pretty cool set up.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure there is enough material in the Hunter to properly secure an EFR. I had one in a McM A5 several years ago and IIRC it was pretty beefy.

I'm hoping Magpul will consider making an MLOK bridge mount for clip on devices. A polymer version could be made stiff enough to get the job done and keep the costs down. I don't expect most who own a quality clip on are using the Hunter but I'm betting they will sell plenty regardless. Put it on the cover of Recoil magazine and they'll be backordered for months.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just an update for the curious or if anyone else later on has the same question.

From a gunsmith, There is not enough material to install an EFR on the Magpul Hunter stock.
    From Magpul, this stock was not designed nor recommended for an EFR
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...