Thread: Printing shot patterns

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Printing shot patterns

Having my VangComp 870 delivered on Tuesday and am wanting to print several different loads to see which does best.

When testing different loads, do you test at specific ranges or max range that I would find in my house?

Any loads that you guys may have used and found to print very well?

I've been collecting #4 buck (and some 00 buck) for awhile and been gathering different loads to print. After seeing each print, I'll decide which I like and start buying excess of that certain load.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior1423 View Post
    Having my VangComp 870 delivered on Tuesday and am wanting to print several different loads to see which does best.

When testing different loads, do you test at specific ranges or max range that I would find in my house?

Any loads that you guys may have used and found to print very well?

I've been collecting #4 buck (and some 00 buck) for awhile and been gathering different loads to print. After seeing each print, I'll decide which I like and start buying excess of that certain load.
    I would look into the offering from Federal in their Personal Defense line which shouldn't be hard to find - it has the flitecontrol wad and is a reduced recoil load going out at about 1200fps; the Hornady Critical Defense in OOB has eight pellets compared to the Federal's nine, and it is a little snappier, about 1500 fps.

I have a lot more experience actually measuring patterns with the Federal and I really like it. The Hornady, well it's Hornady so it is good, I just haven't shot enough to really form an opinion beyond it patterns good and pushes a little more.

One load I would seriously try to get if I were you is the Federal LE132-1B (Law Enforcement Reduced Recoil 1 Buck) I love the stuff, it is what police should be carrying but most agencies are two locked into their histories with 00B.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    One load I would seriously try to get if I were you is the Federal LE132-1B (Law Enforcement Reduced Recoil 1 Buck)
    This.

-john