Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK45C

Feedback Score
    Well, I scored an HK45c from Gordon Miller. It was right at $750 shipped. So, I guess I'll see how it works out.

Anybody using one of the Hogue slip on grips on their 45c?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usp45ss View Post
    Well, I scored an HK45c from Gordon Miller. It was right at $750 shipped. So, I guess I'll see how it works out.

Was that $750 for a NIB 45c. If so you got a hell of a deal.
    BUY IT CHEAP AND STACK IT DEEP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usp45ss View Post

nice deal. Get a bike inner tube and cut it up, works like a charm and if you don't like it, you're out 3 bucks. No big deal.

I've got the P30 and I love it. Shot it today, along with the P2000sk and they are slick.
    Love that grip and the trigger on the P30. Smooth..like butter and one accurate gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by COLT6933 View Post
    Was that $750 for a NIB 45c. If so you got a hell of a deal.
    Yeah, right at $750 shipped to my dealer. He still has some for $699 + $25 shipping + 4% credit card fee. He apparently got stiffed by a few guys who never sent funds for so he is requiring credit card payment.

Now he is posting fullsize HK45's for $735 plus shipping/fees. Too bad I'm broke for the time being.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip. I'm ordering one of each. Great price!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Personally, I like the M&P 45 Compact over the HK. I am running the M&P now and had an HK45C for a couple of months (and 2200 rounds).

- Far less expensive.
    - Better trigger.
    - Real night sights.
    - Slightly better ergonomics.

And this may or may not be important, but the S&W is made by a company that offers stellar support, supports firearms rights and treats civilians like citizens. My experiences with HK have been awful and I find their attitude towards American civilian firearms ownership pathetic. The weapons are fantastic, but the company is managed by buffoons.

Feedback Score
    M&P Compact with nights sights is not going to be a far better price than an HK45c at $699. Plus not many M&P's come with night sights. I like the HK trigger a little better and the Hk full size a lot better than my M&P's. I do see a distinct quality difference between the HK and M&P. Parts quality is noticeably better and worth the extra $$ for me. The M&P .45 ergos mean much less muzzle flip for me than a full size HK 45 and little less than an HK45c.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    And this may or may not be important, but the S&W is made by a company that offers stellar support, supports firearms rights and treats civilians like citizens. My experiences with HK have been awful and I find their attitude towards American civilian firearms ownership pathetic. The weapons are fantastic, but the company is managed by buffoons.
    I concur that H&K's management are poor businessmen. However, H&K has always supported the NRA and firearms rights. Smith and Wesson has actively conspired with the government against firearms owners in the not too distant past. Lately, Smith has turned over a new leaf, and good for them, but let's be fair.

As Larry Vickers said, the M&P represents an excellent value, but the HK45 is the most bombproof .45 available.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Could you elaborate? I've never been much of an HK person until the P30 and HK 45 and HK45c were released. Easily some of the best pistols I have ever owned and thats covering some ground. I understand HK's customer service has been poor in the past but people seem to find it acceptable now.

Quote Originally Posted by GKoenig View Post
    My experiences with HK have been awful and I find their attitude towards American civilian firearms ownership pathetic. The weapons are fantastic, but the company is managed by buffoons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12