Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig Kilo 2000 Rangefinder

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Sig Kilo 2000 Rangefinder

Hey all,

I've been looking at the Sig Kilo 2000 reviews on Youtube and it seems pretty impressive. I do a lot of ranging between 500 - 1000 and it seems like it will do they job. I noticed the reviews I watched seem to be in less than sunny weather while most of my shooting is done in full sun. Anyone know if the Kilo 2000 is overly affected by bright sun? The other question I have is should there be anything else around the $500 mark that I should be considering?

Cheers.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    For the money I have had excellent results with the Bushnell Tactical Elite 1-Mile ARC rangefinder. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

It will give you instant, and I mean instant, range at most every distance up to 1000 meters. Longer distance and it takes a second or 2. The furthest I have ranged with it is 1826 Meters! Or 1996 yards. That's little over 1.1 miles. No experience with the Sig but for the price of the Bushnell, I haven't needed to look elsewhere.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-14-16 at 18:06.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine recently purchased a Sig kilo 2000. I have been very impressed with it when comparing it to my leica 1600B. It's faster and on large reflective targets it does just as well. Recently while out shooting I was able to ping a 19" target at 1537m with the leica while we couldn't get a reading with the Sig. That's the first time it didn't match the leica's performance.

I think that for the $500 or better pricetag you can't beat it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I regularly range a 12"x20" AR500 target at 1400m+ in the bright sun. I've also ranged a large road sign at 2247m with the kilo2000. The hyperscan function is great and makes sure you get very accurate readings. Instant readings at that. I picked mine up for $425. I don't think that there is anything in the $500 price range that can compete. It does just as well, if not better than most rangefinders that cost double the price.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Sig Kilo 2000 Rangefinder

Thanks for the 1st hand info.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    For the money I have had excellent results with the Bushnell Tactical Elite 1-Mile ARC rangefinder. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

It will give you instant, and I mean instant, range at most every distance up to 1000 meters. Longer distance and it takes a second or 2. The furthest I have ranged with it is 1826 Meters! Or 1996 yards. That's little over 1.1 miles. No experience with the Sig but for the price of the Bushnell, I haven't needed to look elsewhere.
    I took a look at the link and some YouTube reviews. Seems to have some nice features and competes directly at the Sig pricepoint. Definitely a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotechnic View Post
    A friend of mine recently purchased a Sig kilo 2000. I have been very impressed with it when comparing it to my leica 1600B. It's faster and on large reflective targets it does just as well. Recently while out shooting I was able to ping a 19" target at 1537m with the leica while we couldn't get a reading with the Sig. That's the first time it didn't match the leica's performance.

I think that for the $500 or better pricetag you can't beat it.
    The Leica sounds impressive. The spot I shoot at is 1100 yards long so I don't see myself using it for longer distances. Good to hear the Sig performance was good. No issues in bright sun I take?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Do it right the first time.

http://www.gseven.com/

Programmable for dope, 2500 yard range. Compensates for wind, angle, temp, altitude.

edit: Sorry - missed the "$500 mark".
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I agree. Those are awesome but I would upgrade my rifle glass from Vortex to something better if I was spending that kind of money.

Feedback Score
    No issues with the Sig in bright sunlight that I've seen. My biggest gripe is that the reticle is rather large.

ETA: it's been my experience than bright sunlight will detract from any LRF performance and reduce the maximum range at which you can get reliable readings. I don't think you will have issues with the Sig in any light conditions at the ranges you are planning to shoot, 1100m and in. I would imagine that, like my leica, it does better on overcast days and on reflective targets when pushing its performance envelope.
    Last edited by pyrotechnic; 03-14-16 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    I have a Sig Kilo2000, Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-Mile, and have owned the Leica 1600B.

The Sig Kilo200 is by far the best of all of them, followed by the Bushnell, then the Leica IMO. I hunt and shoot long range a lot, and use my rangefinders extensively. The Bushnell was good, but it's larger and I could only get mine to range out to 1,700 yards in perfect conditions. The Sig Kilo can be had regularly where I live for $420, and for that price it is unbeatable.

I like the Sig Kilo because it's more compact (I bow hunt also, and like the smaller profile for that), and I have ranged out to 2,590 yards with the Sig Kilo (mine will regularly range past 2,000 yards). The only downside to the Sig Kilo is that it doesn't come with a tripod mounting hole like the Bushnell.

Without jumping up to a Terrapin or something like that, the Sig Kilo is by far the best rangefinder i've ever used under $1,500, and for $400-500 it's a no brainer

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I have a Sig Kilo2000, Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-Mile, and have owned the Leica 1600B.

The Sig Kilo200 is by far the best of all of them, followed by the Bushnell, then the Leica IMO. I hunt and shoot long range a lot, and use my rangefinders extensively. The Bushnell was good, but it's larger and I could only get mine to range out to 1,700 yards in perfect conditions. The Sig Kilo can be had regularly where I live for $420, and for that price it is unbeatable.

I like the Sig Kilo because it's more compact (I bow hunt also, and like the smaller profile for that), and I have ranged out to 2,590 yards with the Sig Kilo (mine will regularly range past 2,000 yards). The only downside to the Sig Kilo is that it doesn't come with a tripod mounting hole like the Bushnell.

Without jumping up to a Terrapin or something like that, the Sig Kilo is by far the best rangefinder i've ever used under $1,500, and for $400-500 it's a no brainer
    Same experience here, the Sig is the best one for the price point.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast