Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a chronograph

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    He wants to use for pistols, too... IIRC, that pretty much eliminates the MagnetoSpeed.
    Yup, my bad, missed that!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies, I haven't had a chance to read through and research everything suggested yet, but where I shoot is private land and I'm by myself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I haven't had a chance to read through and research everything suggested yet, but where I shoot is private land and I'm by myself.

No-brainier, then. $100 shipped gets you the ProChrono Digital. If you didn't do pistol stuff the Magnetospeed would be worth consideration, but it is of very limited use with handguns.

Feedback Score
    Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-X Fil View Post
    Oh, that would be a huge deal for sure. I shoot on my own property so it's a non issue to call a cease-fire.

"Hey self, I'm going to check the Chrony. Don't shoot me. "

"Ok, self, go ahead."
    Too funny!

I recently sold a piece property where I had a private range set up so I know what you mean.

Paul

P.S. I killed my chrono so I need another one too.

Feedback Score
    I had a prochrono for a couple months until I shot it... It worked well but transcribing data to excel was kind of a pain. Then I picked up one of the caldwell ones that hooks up to your phone or tablet and can export data to a csv file with weather, group size, distance to chrono, shots per second, and a bunch of other interesting stuff... It was also a pretty good chunk cheaper.

Feedback Score
    We have a Shooter's Chrony Beta in the shop. It's a pain in the ass to use! So much scrolling to get any info!I went and bought the Caldwell on sale at Midway. Tested it in my house with my precision Weiruach air rifle as I know the velocity it shoots with the pellet it likes! works great! So today I took it out today to test some MK 262 duplication loads that I have been developing. The beauty of this is it uses a 9v battery...has an extra slot for a spare battery. And the best part...YOU CAN USE IT WITH YOUR PHONE! There is an app...FREE...and it gives you this marvelous stream of data! All on one screen! no scrolling! And you can title and input specifics such as BC and weight of the bullet, distance to chrono. I fired 236 recorded shots this afternoon....lots of data! All in an easy to read and acquire format! I am super happy with this unit!
    There are no accidents; only ignorance, mechanical failure, and acts of God! I have loaded over 6 million rounds in the last 5 years and STILL have not seen it all!

Feedback Score
    I got the caldwell premium one too. Ran a bunch of rounds over it yesterday and plan to do it again tomorrow. I like that it's all stored on my phone and easy to navigate/ access

Feedback Score
    Howdy,

Thanks for posting info on the Caldwell chrony!

I'll order one this weekend and looks like it will connect to my iPhone and iPad mini. This will make it easy to store and recall data.

Paul

Feedback Score
    Howdy,

I ordered the Caldwell Premium chrony through Walmart.com and it should be at the store on Friday. $128.89 including tax.

Hopefully it will be here on Friday and I will be able to check some of my ammo, especially .223 and .300Blk loads on Monday. (I'm off on Mondays and the wife has to work so Monday is my "It's all about "Me" day!", well unless she tells me otherwise.). Most of my handgun ammo is just for plinking so velocity doesn't really matter.

Paul

Feedback Score
    The guys over on TFL love the Caldwell...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast