Thread: Ever hear of the Kuiu Product line?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ever hear of the Kuiu Product line?

With Cabela's & Bass Pro out there I have never heard of Kuiu. Just visited his product page and was really impressed.

Any experience with his products?

Kuiu’s ultralight hunting gear certainly has captured the attention of mountain hunters, but Hairston said the brand also appeals to more traditional forms of hunting for deer, pheasant or duck. Even non-hunters are interested in high-end apparel that performs well in tough conditions. For Kuiu, reaching a wider customer base is critical as it battles established names like outdoor retailer Cabela’s (CAB) and sportswear giant Under Armour (UA).

Article: http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...ng-empire.html

Web site: http://www.kuiu.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ever hear of the Kuiu Product line?

Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    With Cabela's & Bass Pro out there I have never heard of Kuiu. Just visited his product page and was really impressed.

Any experience with his products?

Kuiu’s ultralight hunting gear certainly has captured the attention of mountain hunters, but Hairston said the brand also appeals to more traditional forms of hunting for deer, pheasant or duck. Even non-hunters are interested in high-end apparel that performs well in tough conditions. For Kuiu, reaching a wider customer base is critical as it battles established names like outdoor retailer Cabela’s (CAB) and sportswear giant Under Armour (UA).

Article: http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...ng-empire.html

Web site: http://www.kuiu.com/
    I have their Teton soft shell, Chugach rain gear, attack pants, and merino base layers. I've only had them for one season of elk, goose, and dove hunting.

The biggest thing I mention to people that ask me is that their line is 'Athletic Fit' which means their sizing is form fit, cut for people like Jason I guess who don't lug around a lot of excess body weight.

Their soft shell is equivalent to the Columbia, North Face, Kirkland soft shell technical outdoor stuff that's out there. The only difference is Kuiu has the cool patterns.

The Chugach rain gear is very good. The seems and zippers are well made and it's not very noisy to walk around in - it makes a good packable lightweight rain setup.

Their attack pants to me are 'meh.' The stretch fabric seems like it wouldn't hold up to constant brushing with rock, branches, brush, etc. I would not hesitate to wear them on trail hiking trips where I know I won't be bushwhacking.

Their merino and ultra merino is very good. I rotated 2 pairs of their stuff for 7 days of elk hunting here in CO and it did not smell at all. It's comfortable and does what you'd expect from a high quality merino wool.

Probably 1-2 times a year they put some of their stuff on sale, and I'll probably get some more base layers then.

They only sell direct through their website AFAIK, and I've had to exchange some pants which were too snug, which is a drawback of not being able to try their stuff beforehand.

If you're in the Sacramento area you could swing by their showroom.
    Last edited by veeref; 03-21-16 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Packs are ok, the attack pants are the best hunting pant ive ever worn, the merino wool is good, and the down jackets are badass.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just saw this advertisement off one of the Drudge links: 25% off through 4th April

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Amazing line of gear. Two friends I bow hunted with last year looked like twins. I teased them, for matching and being head to toe Kiui. I really liked the gear, pattern and especially the binoc case. We covered miles and hunted hard, the gear worked well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    became a fan since kryptek has not made anything in talls. The cut of the Kuiu shirts seem to be a little longer and actually fit me really well which has always been a problem in finding any hunting gear. Their prices are good for the type of gear you are getting. I cannot pay what Sitka charges for gear. I feel Kuiu makes a good product that is on par with more expensive clothing.
    Last edited by BIGUGLY; 04-29-16 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGUGLY View Post
    became a fan since kryptek has not made anything in talls. The cut of the Kuiu shirts seem to be a little longer and actually fit me really well which has always been a problem in finding any hunting gear. Their prices are good for the type of gear you are getting. I cannot pay what Sitka charges for gear. I feel Kuiu makes a good product that is on par with more expensive clothing.
    Depending on where you look (and what you do for a living ) you can get sitka for 40% off. At that price it's competitive with kuiu. I love my Jetstream lite and Kelvin lite.