Thread: Sig 556 Classic or Savage 10 FCP 308

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sig 556 Classic or Savage 10 FCP 308

I have a Sig 556 classic that I got in a trade, and I have yet to to anything with it so I put it back up for trade. Someone offered me a Savage 10 FCP in 308 in trade. Has anyone had experience with these rifles before, or think I would be getting shorted on the deal? Thanks in advance!

^^^My Sig^^^

^^^The one on top is the savage in question^^^

Feedback Score
    I had three of those SIG 556 Classics. All went back to the factory for various problems, two were replaced by SIG, the third was fixed. I sold all of them immediately afterward once they were "good to go" according to SIG. They are not SIG Switzerland. However, I would run the rifle first before making a determination. I had some of the first ones made and it completely ruined the US SIG name brand for me.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 03-22-16 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't want to hold onto this one but at the sametime, I can't get what it's worth out here in utah. I like the feel and everything of it, but I haven't shot it so I can't say how reliable it is.

Feedback Score
    I would get out of it without shooting it. Unfired will be more valuable and will give you plausible deniability if the thing is screwed up.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, I wish I could say it's been unfired, but the previous owner had put around 1000 rounds through it. It only shows wear on the receiver where it serves as the brass deflector but other then that it's in better shape then most I've seen.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well much has been said about the 556 but unreliable is usually not one that comes up. I think you will be getting an ok trade. You won't be getting $1000 for the Sig in a sale and I would guess the Savage owner is tired of a heavy 308. I actually traded by 556 classic for a 700 PSS and got exactly what I wanted. Ended up with a C93 to satisfy the "something different than another AR 5.56" itch. Not as front heavy as the Sig 556. David
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 03-22-16 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    To the op the rifles are very different for very different reasons. My question to you is why do you want to do with your rifle.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I had some of the first ones made and it completely ruined the US SIG name brand for me.
    Same here.

OP, if you live in a rural area you could always sell it online.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Since the 556 Classic already has 1,000rds through it, shoot it and see if you like it. Mine has been reliable. My only gripe is that it's front heavy, so I bought a 556 Classic SBR.