Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aero Precision 308 OEM Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hope they get the BHO failures worked out. Also would have been nice if they made the upper and lower SR25 compatible.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is currently at AP. Hopefully I'll hear something next week.

I originally purchased this AP 308 to put a free float rail on it and use it for hog hunting with my pvs-22 and dbal.
    One of the reasons I purchased it was for a review and comparison for cheaper AR10's, and it has more options for rails compared to my M&P 10 (high rail vs low rail). My M&P 10 doesn't have a free float rail on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I sent a reply to AP last week and they sent me a message today. Basically what I got from the message was they shot 20 rounds through it and it worked so the replaced the bolt catch (the one that was cracked and bent) and are shipping it back to me.

I sent a message back to them asking about the accuracy issues. I expected at least a barrel replacement since that one shoots like crap.

Here is their message:
    Sir, So I just got your rifle back from the armorers, and from what they told me, they replaced the bolt catch and it does send the bolt home when pushing it. They fired a total of 20 rounds through the weapon and did not experience any misfires or malfunctions. It is still bit a stiff when pulling back the charging handle, but this is a common issue for .308s where the spring is a bit tense and will loosen up over time. Regarding the pressure, they did not experience any issues when firing regular pressure rounds, but did note high pressure damage when firing high pressure rounds. I will be bringing your rifle downstairs to be shipped out today, so it should be leaving our facility within the next day or 2.

Here is my reply:
    So your armory did not even address the accuracy issues? It is just going to break more bolt catches since the barrel is over gassed. The problems with the barrel need to be addressed. You may want to read this before you send it back https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...308-OEM-Review

I will see if they reply back and will keep this post up to date. I can fix the overgassed issues with an adjustable gas block if I have to, but I cant fix the accuracy issue without buying and changing out the barrel. I guess 4-6 MOA is acceptable to them...

-Ryan

You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ace4059, I just got in a Sprinco Orange and it's nice. The gun has run 100 percent and does with the new spring, the felt recoil is less and it has 2-3 more coils which cures the lower receiver/BCG contact. You may want to try it out, worth 25 bucks in my opinion. I think part of the bolt catch issues is the amount of travel from spring compression to the bolt catch when locking. With the factory spring, it's alot, the Sprinco cuts it down and may help.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ace,

I also have a the Sprinco Orange and an adjustable GB for suppressed use on my AP .308. I think the BCG speed was what was hammering your bolt catch to the point of failure. It seems that most manufacturers these days seem to be opening up their gas ports to allow the masses of shooters to use cheap and under powered ammunition. When you use quality ammo, it appears over gassed. I don't personally agree with this, but I'm not surprised that they do it.

Another option is to replace your carrier with a Gemtech .308 bolt carrier which allows you to run a suppressed or non suppressed setting. These look to be excellent when managing over gassed guns and suppressors.

Of course, none of these issues explain your accuracy problem.

Keep us informed please.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got a link for Springco? My search fu is weak om this...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    Got a link for Springco? My search fu is weak om this...
    http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    AHHA I was adding a "G" to Sprinco! Thanks !

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I had same issues with the ejection and bcg out running the mag. I installed a adjustable gas block and it cut down the issues but did not eliminated them. I then ordered a car-10 XR 6.5oz buffer from heavybuffers.com issue is resolved shooting suppressed with a Omega and Specwar.

http://www.heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html

My rifle is assembled by me from purchased components. I had issues with my first aero bcg and sent back for warranty, received new bcg and still bought a AIM Surplus QPQ bcg.

Aeroprecision upper and lower
    Faxon 18" mid length gas/adjustable gas block
    AIM Surplus 308 QPQ BCG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I received the rifle back yesterday. The paperwork that was included was just the original description of the problems, the print out of the private messages from AP, and their log on the gun with SN. No information besides the pm of what they did with the gun which sounded like they replaced the bolt catch in the PM that I copied and pasted a few posts above.
    I also think they replaced the BCG even though no information indicates that they did.
    Barrel still looks the same.
    I'm going to get some federal gold match 168 and 175 SMK and shoot it today to see about the accuracy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast