Thread: Aero Precision 308 OEM Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Aero Precision 308 OEM Review

Let me start by saying this review was written over the course of a few weeks so where something can be seen as good with my first initial impression, it can be later be viewed as troublesome in the range report. E.G. Tight bolt.

Aero Precision 308 OEM Review.
    First here are the specs that brownells lists so you do not have to look them up. The specs seem to be good especially for a gun that's under $1000.
    Link to Brownells
    http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...AERO+PRECISION
    • 308 AR Aero Precision Upper and Lower Receiver
    • Rifle Length Gas & Barrel System with Low profile gas block
    • 18” 308 Winchester, 1:10 Twist Barrel
    • Barrel is machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel, with a tapered profile, then treated with a QPQ corrosion-resistant finish.
    • 5/8-24 barrel thread pitch includes an installed A2 flash hider
    • 308 Bolt/Carrier Group features 8620 steel carrier with phosphate finish & chrome lining, and has a properly-staked Gas Key
    • Bolt machined from 9310 steel – High Pressure Tested & Magnetic Particle Inspected 308 AR Aero Precision Lower Receiver
    • Accepts DPMS 308 components & magazines (PMAG compatible)
    • Flared mag well & upper tension screw
    • Standard 308 AR Lower Parts Kit
    • Mil-spec AR-15/M14 Buffer Kit
    • Forged from 7075 T6 Aluminum
    • Matte black hard anodized finish
    • DPMS short buffer

Initial Impressions
    The parts are nicely machined and the finish is top notch. This appears to be a quality finished firearm that has attention to detail. I am liking it out of the box. The upper and lower fit nicely and the color matches well. The barrel has a nice taper that lighten it just a little but has a nice heavy contour which looks to produce minimal POI shift with the suppressor. The bolt fits tight inside the carrier and the bold catch/release is a snug fit. The threading looks concentric to the bore. but I have no way to measure it, I can only go by looks. The charging handle has a tight pull at first then it loosens up once the lugs unlock, the BCG slides freely inside the upper.
    The OEM design is basically a user build platform which it comes bone stock without all the add ons which most people end up replacing items on their AR, so the OEM offers a base to build off of without wasting money by adding the parts the end user doesn't need. I am a fan of this concept because it keeps from adding to the spare parts bin and my garage from accumulating junk. Basically the user has to add a stock, forearm/rail, and sights at minimum. So far I am impressed and this looks to be a quality gun.

Last edited by ace4059; 03-22-16 at 11:32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...