Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aero Precision 308 OEM Review

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am not inspired by what I am reading about a lot of the Aero 308 based builds. This concerns me as I have a Ballistic Advantage barrel + BCG for an upcoming Armalite build. I hope Aero's acquisition of Ballistic Advantage doesn't lead to QC issues like the OP is experiencing.
    The only thing I have noticed so far from handling it is that the bolt gas rings (1 piece Macfarland style) are extremely tight inside the carrier. It takes a lot of force to slide the bolt back and forth. Way more than anything I've ever seen.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Results aren't good. I'm leaving the range and I am disappointed on the accuracy. I broke the bolt catch on the 8th shot and had a total of four failure to ejects.

I guess I have to figure out if I want to spent anymore money on this gun.
    I'll update and post pics when I get home.
    Last edited by ace4059; 04-26-16 at 17:30. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No real reason to post pics because the accuracy is about the same. I shot at 50 yards and 100 yards. Some of the 100 yrd shots were not even hitting paper.

I called AP on the way home and spoke to Ryan and I am sending the gun back again and they said they will look at it and I asked them to replace the barrel. Ill see what happens and keep this thread up to date.

The best group I was able to get was about 2" at 50 yards. The barrel is listed as 1:10 twist but it shot lighter bullets better. The 175 gr was looking as if the holes were not clean cut on the paper and a little oblong as if its not stabilizing them. I guess that would explain why the groups were 6"-8" at 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Get your money back, and go get an Armalite AR-10A DEF10.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Results aren't good. I'm leaving the range and I am disappointed on the accuracy. I broke the bolt catch on the 8th shot and had a total of four failure to ejects.

I guess I have to figure out if I want to spent anymore money on this gun.
    I'll update and post pics when I get home.
    Nothing worse than a problem gun, I hope they can get you squared away. I would want a refund as well.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    That is a bummer. I can't believe the amount of bolt catches you have broken. I have not seen anything like that before.

I just bought a Ballistic Advantage barrel to build a 6.5 AR10 and chose them because they were affordable (compared to other manufacturers) and they have a Sub MOA Guarantee (with match ammo).

If AP does not replace your barrel you might check out BA since they stand behind theirs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The rifle is still at AP but Brownells did contact me regarding the rifle. Brownells sent me a $50 gift card and said if AP doesn't fix the rifle this time to my satisfaction then to contact them and they will exchange it for another AP 308 OEM for me. Stand up company. I just hope this was a fluke or a bad batch and not a common occurrence for AP.

At first I had issues with AP customer service ( no response to emails nor voice messages) but now they are at least trying to fix the problems I am having with the 308. I guess they got tired of me calling.

Not sure if I mentioned the third bolt catch snapped before I sent it back to AP
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRambo View Post
    That is a bummer. I can't believe the amount of bolt catches you have broken. I have not seen anything like that before.

I just bought a Ballistic Advantage barrel to build a 6.5 AR10 and chose them because they were affordable (compared to other manufacturers) and they have a Sub MOA Guarantee (with match ammo).

If AP does not replace your barrel you might check out BA since they stand behind theirs.
    BA is a sister company to AP and my AP has a BA barrel on it. This was confirmed by Ryan when I talked to him two weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRambo View Post

AP owns Ballistic Advantage. I know AP AR-15's use BA barrels, so I would think their AR-10's would also.
    DK

Feedback Score
    So I just got my Aero Precision 308 bolt carrier group today in the mail. It came straight from a major distributor, new in package but....well...maybe you guys can tell me what you think.

Please keep in mind this is is just out of the package, has not been fired. I noticed that the bolt was extremely difficult to reciprocate and it took 3 people to finally get it by hand (no tools) and when I finally got the bolt out of the carrier this is what I find. (The term "hammered dog sh$t" was the first description that came to mind) I will be contacting Aero Precision to see their thoughts on it shortly.

Last edited by JohnnyRambo; 05-11-16 at 18:22.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast