Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Aero Precision 308 OEM Review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All I can do is shake my head.

Mine was so tight I had a hard time taking mine apart. It was part of the reason I had a hard time charging it with the charging handle. AP said it was a "strong buffer spring" was the reason it was hard to charge. But my bcg and bolt was replaced. The new one was better looking than yours. Give them a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    AP and BA are not going so well for me either. Issues with both and terrible customer service with both as well.

Last edited by JohnnyRambo; 05-24-16 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I feel your pain.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I received it back from AP on 5/23/16. It has a new barrel. I cant tell if its a new BCG since it was almost new to begin with.
    All the parts were assembled correctly on the upper end of the torque specs. Gas block was sealed to barrel and had locktite on the threads of the set screw. The crush washer for the flash hider was smashed a little and hard to remove.

UPS did a number on the aluminum upper. It had several nicks and a few gouges. Charging handle had a gouge. At this point I dont care how it looks as long as it functions and shoots accurately.

AP sent me two more bolt catches

I am having to order a new Fortis barrel nut because I had mine off and on so many times the ends are rounding off. It will probably will be next week before I can go to the range with it.

You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After UPS got a hold of the package

Damage done by UPS

There are a few other spots that UPS removed the anodizing from banging it around. More or less cosmetic.

This picture shows the burr

Gas block is shipped locktited

Crush washer

I ordered a new Fortis barrel nut since the corners were a little rounded from taking it off and on several times.
    An SLR adjustable gas block and Gemtec suppressed BCG to help with the over gassed issue with the suppressor. Ill see which one works best with this gun.
    and New charging handle so I dont have to file off the burr....
    The parts should be here Monday so I will assemble Tuesday and take it to the range if its not raining.

At this point I dont care how it looks. I just was it to function correctly and shoot 1 MOA groups. UPS might have gave me an excuse to paint it.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope it works as it should and shoots more accurately. Good luck and keep us posted.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRambo View Post
    So I just got my Aero Precision 308 bolt carrier group today in the mail. It came straight from a major distributor, new in package but....well...maybe you guys can tell me what you think.

Please keep in mind this is is just out of the package, has not been fired. I noticed that the bolt was extremely difficult to reciprocate and it took 3 people to finally get it by hand (no tools) and when I finally got the bolt out of the carrier this is what I find. (The term "hammered dog sh$t" was the first description that came to mind) I will be contacting Aero Precision to see their thoughts on it shortly.
    I have 2 newer Gen. .308 BCGs from Aero (yours looks like and older version), and they look nothing like that. One is the standard phosphate finish and the other is nitride, but both have nice even surface machining and finish. The nitride bolt was a little difficult to move inside the carrier before I lubed it, but quite smooth afterwards. No issues at all hand cycling the nitride BCG in a finished build. The newer Gen. BCGs also have a domed ejector, and a small diameter FP/FP hole.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post

AP sent me two more bolt catches
    Even if you get the gas issues sorted out, I wouldn't put much faith in those AP bolt catches. FYI, Forward Controls Designs is releasing a forged .308 bolt catch soon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like a lot of that damage could have been mitigated if they had packaged your upper properly. SMH
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slvr Surfr View Post
    Looks like a lot of that damage could have been mitigated if they had packaged your upper properly. SMH
    You figure one layer of that thin foam wrapped around it as its loose in the box would be sufficient.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast