Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137
Results 1,361 to 1,366 of 1366

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiribulus View Post
    Whatever this is worth, I have exactly one single SOLGW product. The fighting mil-spec trigger, which I'm pretty sure is initially manufactured by Schmid.

That said, I have a Schmid branded mil-spec trigger in another gun and the SOLGW trigger is noticeably better. Smoother, crisper, and more consistent pull to pull. It actually is far better than a standard mil-spec trigger for all the reason they say. It's also better than the other Schmid trigger I have, which is pretty good. So whether they're hand picking units or doing some work to them, or both, the claims made for the fighting trigger are substantiated in my mind.

That matters to me. I'd buy another one and it positively impresses me toward the company.
    The SOLGW Fighting Triggers are made by Schmid [U]BUT to SOLGW specs.[/U]
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I've got three builds rocking their receiver sets. Fantastic fit and finish (Mega) and the uppers are thermal fit. Which I personally have grown to love. Also, the blaster guts kit that they sell is a quality LPK. I got bit by the FCD bug but prior to that it was all I used. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    [U]BUT to SOLGW specs.[/U]
    I'm not sure I understand this phrase.

Feedback Score
    Oops. Double post.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So, the casting marks on the hammer and trigger are pretty clear giveaways as to where that hammer comes from.

What we can't speak to is what springs other brands use with their trigger assemblies, what QC process they go through internally between receiving and shipping out either assembled or stand alone, etc.

We use QPQ treated stainless trigger and hammer pins, which are more corrosion resistant (and smoother) than what a lot of other companies send with their trigger assemblies, regardless of who casted the hammer/trigger in question.

We take our time with everything that comes through the door... whether it's a trigger, a barrel, a BCG, or whatever else, to make sure it's exactly what we expect it to be. Sometimes that means swapping out things like triggers pins or extractor springs, or extended test firing and gauging, or whatever is appropriate to the component in question.

Some people fixate on OEM's and think they can find the "same thing" elsewhere... but as always, the devil is in the details.
    SOLGW Deputy Director of Sales

Feedback Score
    The SOLGW Fighting Triggers consistently break at 5.5 lbs

Mil-spec triggers break between 6-9 lbs

SOLGW doesnt just put in an order for Schmid Triggers. They specify the pull weight and finish.
    Last edited by prepare; 12-22-23 at 17:51.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone put any rounds through one of the 18” SPR’s I’ve been seeing? I know my 13.7 is one of my most accurate rifles, so I’m curious how one of these would shoot.

Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137