Page 107 of 137 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1366

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Same thing here. I cancelled an order for “in stock” parts after two weeks of nothing and Primary Arms had them to my house three days later.

I’ve been to their shop several times. It seems like a cool place to hang out and a great place to work. But one visit will convince you of their need to hire someone to actually manage things there.

And for goodness sake, get the website fixed.

Feedback Score
    I was looking at the SOLGW website but since Primary Arms had the lower parts in stock already I ordered from them. I did not try ordering from SOLGW website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    Unfortunately they do not, seemingly, make a distinction between "In Stock" and "Accepting Backorders"

Good products but they still have not caught up on the business management of things. They just do it 'their way'.

All fine and they can do what they want. But it does tend to create customer service issues.

It could largely be alleviated by following one simple practice:

Sell the things you have to sell, not the things you wish you had to sell.
    It's pretty hard to predict quadrupling year after year.
    As an example...We have rolling production schedules with the machine shop who makes our gas blocks. We would get 500 per month that we could set our watch to. From November of 2019 to February 2020 we went from 500 to 6000.
    That's hard to plan for. Materials, scheduling machine time, qpq etc...

Not enough inventory is frustrating. Too much inventory will put you out of business. Trying to walk that tight rope is tricky.
    When I started SOLGW I knew a lot about rifles. I didnt know shit about business.
    Still learning everyday.
    I appreciate the guys who stick by us and realize we're just a couple of shooters who somehow Forrest Gump'd our way into becoming a national brand.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    As an example...We have rolling production schedules with the machine shop who makes our gas blocks. We would get 500 per month that we could set our watch to. From November of 2019 to February 2020 we went from 500 to 6000.

Not enough inventory is frustrating. Too much inventory will put you out of business. Trying to walk that tight rope is tricky.
    When I started SOLGW I knew a lot about rifles. I didnt know shit about business.
    Still learning everyday.
    I appreciate the guys who stick by us and realize we're just a couple of shooters who somehow Forrest Gump'd our way into becoming a national brand.

Rock on.

Feedback Score
    8ve worked in manufacturing. I completely understand. Unfortunately for us our shop was run like a Nazi boot camp and it was a very unpleasant place to be.

However, quality takes precedence over everything. Don't ship crap. You guys are doing excellent!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For what it's worth, I placed a small parts order last week when the new FCD safety's dropped. Roger didn't have any more 50o in stock, but SOLGW did. Order placed on Friday afternoon and my order of a few bits and pieces shipped 3 business days later. No complaints on my end.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    We'll be launching the new website in a few weeks that will be a lot cleaner and easier to use.
    We're also going to be using Fishbowl and other software to manage production, inventory, etc...
    We just moved into our new facility that's considerably bigger and more purpose built for volume. We've hired 4 more people just for shipping and added more armorers, and doubled our cerakote capacity.

Finally, our dealers are forecasting orders so we can plan production months out instead of getting massive POs sprung on us.

We're definitely working to improve those issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Keep up the good work, SOLGW.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    Having to learn how to keep up with demand is a good problem to solve. Certainly not an easy one in the gun industry. Another thing that can make or break a company is how they provide real time up to date info on product availability, lead time, shipping time, answering general questions/concerns, etc. People want honest information and they want it now. Sometimes when you don't know- just explaining where you're at in the process and what you're up against is better than no communication at all. That kind of customer service is as important to some people as how they're taken care of if there are warranty issues. Thats something I've always thought Mike was great at and has a knack for. He just wears many hats. SOLGW has probably reached the point of needing full time customer service reps that can provide quality information.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post

Still learning everyday.
    Living the American Dream! Awesome! Good luck with managing these challenging times.

Page 107 of 137 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast