Page 61 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    What's your order number?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

To be clear, I wasn't here to bitch -- was just trying to give him an estimate of the lead time. In retrospect the post reads like bitching, however, and I apologize for that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    Mike... may I ask if you've done testing on your barrels for longevity? I know that Nitride barrels aren't usually AS long lived as Chrome lined barrels, but have you tested to see how long the average round count is on your barrels vs. say....BCM or Sionics or FN before time for re barreling?
    We've done a lot of testing on our barrels. We've put them thru all kinds of destructive firing schedules. Suppressed, unsuppressed, short guns, long guns... different ammo types. Group and velocity changes at intervals, port and throat erosion...
    You name it. I'm not talking about sample sizes of 1, or 5, 10 etc...And, We have thousands of barrels out in the world. Our targeted demographic are dudes who actually shoot their guns. We have guns all over at Machine Gun rental places. I've given guns away for free to people who shoot the shit out of them in exchange for data.

When we first started I honestly was expecting there to be some significant lifespan or performance gap between our QPQ barrels and CHF CL barrels.
    I expected that because it's been almost accepted as doctrine in the community despite there being very little to no objective empirical data to support that.

The findings? Inconclusive. And surprising. You'd expect there to be some consistent conclusions considering how these topics are discussed. There's not.
    I've personally seen CHF CL barrels die before QPQ barrels and vice versa. I've seen sporadic port erosion in both types of barrels with nearly identical round counts. (And I'm talking extreme round counts) I've seen barrels of both types go way over 20k + rnds.
    We get them super hot then shoot for group.. again, no significant difference. And by significant I mean virtually none.

If you notice no brand or manufacturer will give you a barrel life expectancy, regardless of what barrels they're using. No serious manufacturer that I'm aware of will give you a service life guarantee. Why? Because there's no way to predict that. We all ( all meaning QPQ and CHF CL barrel users) estimate service life in guesses. 15k-20k? 18k-22k? 25k+?
    When your best guesses, based on all the data you have at your disposal, are still 25%-40% apart, despite what barrel you're using, what does that tell you?

How long does an SOLGW barrel last?
    Well, forever. If you shoot one of our barrels out I'll replace it.
    That's my way of giving someone a service life guarantee.

Last edited by SOLGW; 03-17-19 at 21:45.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Are your NP3 carriers the same specs as your phosphate?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Are your NP3 carriers the same specs as your phosphate?
    Yes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post

To be clear, I wasn't here to bitch -- was just trying to give him an estimate of the lead time. In retrospect the post reads like bitching, however, and I apologize for that.
    Didn't take it as bitching at all man.
    The lead time you were quoted is accurate...up until the ATF show up unexpected for an audit.
    It's all routine, but does throw a wrench into normal production.
    Your order should ship tues or wed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    We've done a lot of testing on our barrels. We've put them thru all kinds of destructive firing schedules. Suppressed, unsuppressed, short guns, long guns... different ammo types. Group and velocity changes at intervals, port and throat erosion...
    You name it. I'm not talking about sample sizes of 1, or 5, 10 etc...And, We have thousands of barrels out in the world. Our targeted demographic are dudes who actually shoot their guns. We have guns all over at Machine Gun rental places. I've given guns away for free to people who shoot the shit out of them in exchange for data.

When we first started I honestly was expecting there to be some significant lifespan or performance gap between our QPQ barrels and CHF CL barrels.
    I expected that because it's been almost accepted as doctrine in the community despite there being very little to no objective empirical data to support that.

The findings? Inconclusive. And surprising. You'd expect there to be some consistent conclusions considering how these topics are discussed. There's not.
    I've personally seen CHF CL barrels die before QPQ barrels and vice versa. I've seen sporadic port erosion in both types of barrels with nearly identical round counts. (And I'm talking extreme round counts) I've seen barrels of both types go way over 20k + rnds.
    We get them super hot then shoot for group.. again, no significant difference. And by significant I mean virtually none.

If you notice no brand or manufacturer will give you a barrel life expectancy, regardless of what barrels they're using. No serious manufacturer that I'm aware of will give you a service life guarantee. Why? Because there's no way to predict that. We all ( all meaning QPQ and CHF CL barrel users) estimate service life in guesses. 15k-20k? 18k-22k? 25k+?
    When your best guesses, based on all the data you have at your disposal, are still 25%-40% apart, despite what barrel you're using, what does that tell you?

How long does an SOLGW barrel last?
    Well, forever. If you shoot one of our barrels out I'll replace it.
    That's my way of giving someone a service life guarantee.

thats interesting Mike. I guess I had it stuck in my head that QPQ just wouldn't hold up AS well as CL'd barrels would. Nice to know you get really good life out of your barrel blanks

Feedback Score
    well, think I finally got it figured out. I think I'll drink the Koolaid and pick up the 11.5 ex02 tonight (my paycheck usually deposits in the evening)

Feedback Score
    well, think I finally got it figured out. I think I'll drink the Koolaid and pick up the 11.5 ex02 tonight (my paycheck usually deposits in the evening)
    I think you'll dig it ;-)

Feedback Score
    lol, I figure I will. I really like the ability to ask for a pinned gas block. I know they don't come loose often, but it's a nifty peace of mind.

just one last question. the only coupon active ATM is the M4C one correct? Just asking in case I missed anything

Feedback Score
    lol, I figure I will. I really like the ability to ask for a pinned gas block. I know they don't come loose often, but it's a nifty peace of mind.

just one last question. the only coupon active ATM is the M4C one correct? Just asking in case I missed anything
    Correct.

Page 61 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast