Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Hard to read without paragraphs.
    Better?

The gun shoots well. I did not have the time to run it through its paces as much as I'd hoped, but I got it nice and warm with about 300 rounds through on Saturday in maybe 1.5 hours. I did not clean it beforehand and went straight work with it out of the box. I did not clean it at all during the entire 1.5 hours of firing either.

I was shooting XM193's and M855's, along with 60 rounds of 55 gr. Wolf steel cases. I was shooting mostly iron sights, and it took only 3 shots to have it dialed it at 50 yards. I also mounted my Redfield Revolution 2x7 with PEPR qd mount and sighted it in at 100.

Once the gun got warm, it seemed to run better. This instilled confidence in me for the gun, which is vital. It actually reminded me of my old MAK-90 except it is, of course DI and not a piston gun, and it is lighter and more accurate than the MAK-90...I must say that my old MAK-90 is an all time fav of mine, so this is no slight compliment.

I did not use a tape measure to get an exact measurement of group sizes, but the groups were very tight at 10, 50, and 100 yards. I will use the tape when I shoot it again using some heavier Black Hills stuff. I'm eager to see what I can get out of it.

So far, so good. Very smooth shooting and the cycling was extremely positive as the bolt aggressively shoves its way forward while pushing the next round into the chamber. Recoil is nil and follow ups are almost boring they are so easy. It feels the way a fighting gun should feel. I even like the 45 degree safety option.

Lastly, that trigger. It is not some basic run of the mill, mil-spec trigger. It is friggin nice. The pull and reset are just great. I can't say enough good things about the fighting trigger.

I do not have one single critique of the rifle so far. For the money spent it seems to be a tremendous value. Time will tell, of course, but I already believe it is very much GTG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^Thank you. Much better.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    ^Thank you. Much better.
    LOL...Apologies for the cramped rambling.

Feedback Score
    Hey SOLGW, it’s been almost a month and a half since I ordered a rifle, any updates on its status? I’m not angry just curious to know it’s status.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by biohazard1717 View Post
    Hey SOLGW, it’s been almost a month and a half since I ordered a rifle, any updates on its status? I’m not angry just curious to know it’s status.

You'd be better off calling them. Emails and postings here are hit or miss at best

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by biohazard1717 View Post
    Text me your order number

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Mike, check on my aimpont and mount too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Ordered some parts on Tuesday and they arrived today. Thanks SOL.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    Looks like the rifle was actually being sent out on friday. I'll mirror many others in the appreciation of how SOLGW treats it's customers. That kind of attitude is why I'll be a returning customer.

Feedback Score
    Just picked up the rifle today.

I can't wait to take this thing out on Saturday. Even the people behind the counter were impressed by the attention to detail on the rifle.

Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast