Page 102 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1366

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Any word on when the 6.5 Grendel bolts and BCG’s will be back in stock? I need one for my upper that was ordered a couple weeks ago.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think it works a little better if you drive down first, then angle. I suck at it and have had issue where I basically cut through the end plate with the punch. My last two went better by going some then over, and making sure I was just past center like Mike said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With an auto punch, that's how I do it. I hit it about 5 times, then angle over towards the slot. Sometimes I have to go back and then angle over some more to move the right amount of material over. It's one of those simple tasks that seems little daunting if you haven't done it before.

Feedback Score
    I did the staking job today on my lower and it doesnt look the best but before I touch it up will this staking job keep the castle nut on?

Feedback Score
    That will do it!

Feedback Score
    Anyone aware of any 11.5 pistols in stock ?

Feedback Score
    I decided I'm going to go with a SOLGW LPK and BCG to start my first build, but I'm kind of ignorant here. The quality of the lower parts are obviously important, but is there a reason to buy an "expensive? (It might not be to some people, but unfortunately I'm not some people) lower receiver, or would I be just as good buying a cheaper stripped lower and putting the SOLGW LPK and BCG?
    I really want to support this company and see a lot of good reviews on the lower parts and their BCG, so I'm 100% on them, just not sure if a nicer finish and the designs, which are awesome btw, are the only reasons to spend extra money on something I plan to run the hell out of or if there is a quality difference

Feedback Score
    Also, excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between the "blaster guts" LPK and the full auto LPK? Is the full auto higher quality or is that something only the NFA guys need to be worried with?
    I remember reading on some forums years ago something about a full auto BCG being more reliable or something like that, I didn't know if the triggers were the same way

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBevis View Post
    Also, excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between the "blaster guts" LPK and the full auto LPK? Is the full auto higher quality or is that something only the NFA guys need to be worried with?
    I remember reading on some forums years ago something about a full auto BCG being more reliable or something like that, I didn't know if the triggers were the same way
    The full auto trigger is only for use in a machine gun, you don't want the fire control parts in a semi gun. Actually unless they have changed something the trigger in the blaster kit should be better as it has the PNT treatment where their full auto kit's trigger is straight mil spec.

Feedback Score
    I’m not the expert but I would throw out that “Expensive” is not as important as “in spec.” Meaning dimensions and placement of holes are in the right positions so that your lower parts will work and play well with each other. There are expensive lowers where that can be a problem.

The full auto lpk is probably more pertainant to Nfa stuff. I haven’t looked at them in a while but I believe it has the correct hammer, auto sear and disconnector for a full auto gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBevis View Post
    I decided I'm going to go with a SOLGW LPK and BCG to start my first build, but I'm kind of ignorant here. The quality of the lower parts are obviously important, but is there a reason to buy an "expensive? (It might not be to some people, but unfortunately I'm not some people) lower receiver, or would I be just as good buying a cheaper stripped lower and putting the SOLGW LPK and BCG?
    I really want to support this company and see a lot of good reviews on the lower parts and their BCG, so I'm 100% on them, just not sure if a nicer finish and the designs, which are awesome btw, are the only reasons to spend extra money on something I plan to run the hell out of or if there is a quality difference
    The full auto parts kit is for a full auto gun

The blaster guts kit is quality. Does not include trigger, grip, or trigger guard so you would need to get those as well. They do offer a full lower parts kit you can customize what grip, trigger, safety etc.. comes in it. Look into the larue MBT2 trigger if you plan on getting the blaster guts kit

For the lower anything in spec will work but there are some considerations. A company like Anderson will have way more bad apples than a SOLGW lower or other reputable brand. Part of what you are paying for is extra QA/QC to make sure you get something in spec. The finish is also a thing if that matters to you. SOLGW uses ZEV as their oem and they put out great stuff. Nice thick anodizing and they look good. Support after the sale matters too.

Other companies makes decent lowers as well but I wouldn't buy bottom of the barrel to save a few bucks that won't really matter in the long run.

Stick with SOLGW, centurion, BCM, Sionics (gutless lower is great),etc to get something quality imo. You don't have to buy noveske for $200 but about the lowest I would go is aero M4E1 and at that point what's a few extra $
    Last edited by everready73; 04-20-20 at 21:30.

Page 102 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast