Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    Word has it they sell magic Forward Assists too.
    Haha...we actually got a bunch of emails and phone calls from people interested in "the forward assist kit".

I just said we were sold out...I didn't have the heart to tell them ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Thanks for your time and post Mike,

It's a big bonus in my book for you to be taking the time to come on here and reach out to your consumer base.

It also sounds like you guys know your stuff, including business sense. Word of mouth can build a business as fast as it can destroy one. Looks like you are using that to the full advantage it provides and taking every step into consideration to avoid anythign negative.

Your QC processes sound commendable.

I will be seriously looking at your company, before November comes around, as it sounds like you'll be getting GTGs from some of the senior m4carbiners.
    Thank you, sir!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SOLGW - Mike; Great to have you here on the forum. Nathan from Faxon started an Ask Us Anything thread that has been a great way for end users and Faxon to connect and get correct info out to the masses. I hope you can do the same thing here on M4C.

Thanks and best regards, 556BR
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    SOLGW - Mike; Great to have you here on the forum. Nathan from Faxon started an Ask Us Anything thread that has been a great way for end users and Faxon to connect and get correct info out to the masses. I hope you can do the same thing here on M4C.

Thanks and best regards, 556BR
    That's a great idea.
    I'll also have my armorers sign up to answer any potential technical questions in case I'm unavailable.

Appreciate the suggestion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    only one Bolt and carrier that we were going to use; Microbest.
    You chose wisely.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice to see another manufacturer on board that cares about quality, sounds like you guys are doing it right.
    Can you tell us what the affiliation is with "raven zer0" and your company? He seems to have disappeared since "SOLGW" registered and posted on the forum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
    Nice to see another manufacturer on board that cares about quality, sounds like you guys are doing it right.
    Can you tell us what the affiliation is with "raven zer0" and your company? He seems to have disappeared since "SOLGW" registered and posted on the forum.
    I have no affiliation with anybody.

Not sure who Raven is...after a few thousand rifles and individual components you lose track.

Either me or my armorers will speak on behalf of SOLGW.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    Thanks for your interest in SOLGW!

My name is Mike and I own Sons of Liberty Gun Works.
    We're relatively new to AR market, and our growth has been mainly organic...word of mouth from our customers. Considering we ship to all 50 states and have never paid for advertising I think that says a lot.

When I started SOLGW my goal was to build a duty grade rifle that matched or exceeded the performance standards of the short list of companies I believe are doing right in the industry, and to include more end user options on rifle setup.

We're pretty transparent about what we do, and why we do it.
    When sourcing components for our rifles I never shopped around. There was only one Bolt and carrier that we were going to use; Microbest. Small parts; Schmid Tool. Action and ejector springs; Sprinco. Receiver extensions; Vltor A5. Gas Block knurled head set screws; McMaster Carr etc. etc...
    I knew the rifle we were going to build down to the stainless detents before we were ever a company.
    As important as the components themselves, the assembly procedures were also laid out without compromise. Aggressive staking on gas keys, appropriate displacement of steel in two positions when staking castle nuts, thread treatments, torque values, barrel dimpling etc...
    And finally...the redundant QC that goes into place on individual components, assemblies, halves, or complete guns...to include two sets of test fire. And inspection and sign off by two separate armorers before anything leaves.
    Acceptable number of failures? ZERO. That is our goal.

We publish our gas port values as well. I want the end user to know exactly what it is they're buying.

If anybody has any questions about SOLGW, feel free to ask.
    I will not discuss other brands of guns other than to say BCM, DD, Colt, Sionics, LMT, Hodge Defense are companies I truly respect as a rifle builder, a customer, and shooter. Those guys are doing it right. And yes, I do consider SOLGW among those solid brands.

Thanks,

Mike
    Owner SOLGW
    Just let me know if you want to change that

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would be so amped to see one of these rifles on GunsnGear.

Dooo eeeeet!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I would be so amped to see one of these rifles on GunsnGear.

Dooo eeeeet!
    That would be legit. As it stands I'll probably buy an solgw upper as my next anyway. It's just a matter of when.

Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast