Page 69 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I will be in the San Antonio area in a month and will make it over to the shop (hopefully) and grab a couple of Blaster Starter Kits. I have been @ the shop one time with my Son-In-Law, they have built rifles for the Foundation he worked for,(Military Warriors Support Foundation) I met some of the guys and Mike I believe,it was last Fall so its been awhile,hard to remember,he picked up a rifle that day,cool little shop with a bunch of cool stuff for sure ! Will have a rifle built sometime for sure but being that I live in a Commie State (NY) I'll leave it with my Daughter & Son-In-Law in SA till I retire and get the hell out of NY !! (Only a couple years) That way I'll have a blaster for my visits to Texas ! It is reasuring and nice to know what your buying and buying quality is always a good bet !

Feedback Score
    I have built numerous lowers using SOLGW LPK's. I have also replaced many lower parts with parts from SOLGW. They are GTG in my opinion.We, as a community, are very fortunate to have outfits that provide us with quality, known entity, builder LPK's. ( SOLGW and Sionics) I did ask BCM if they had any intention of selling a Builder LPK and they said "no."

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc View Post
    I have built numerous lowers using SOLGW LPK's. I have also replaced many lower parts with parts from SOLGW. They are GTG in my opinion.We, as a community, are very fortunate to have outfits that provide us with quality, known entity, builder LPK's. ( SOLGW and Sionics) I did ask BCM if they had any intention of selling a Builder LPK and they said "no."

Cheers, Steve
    that is sad. I really like BCM LPKs (have a bunch of them in builds) but I always have to sell off the triggers or stick them in storage as I prefer G or LaRue triggers. A LPK without FCG would be fantastic

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    that is sad. I really like BCM LPKs (have a bunch of them in builds) but I always have to sell off the triggers or stick them in storage as I prefer G or LaRue triggers. A LPK without FCG would be fantastic
    If like BCM LPKs I think you'd really like ours, too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mike, do you have an ETA on Rebellious Stripes lowers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    If like BCM LPKs I think you'd really like ours, too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    sounds good. since you use high quality Schmidt and KNS parts for the kit I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    Mike, do you have an ETA on Rebellious Stripes lowers?
    Those are nice looking lowers!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The gentlemen at SOLGW did not disappoint. Came home from getting my new dog (rescue) and saw a care package from them. Just waiting for my School Resource Officer (deputy) to get back into town, really wants to try one out. Also got their Sgt. interested too.

Feedback Score
    got my SOLGW blaster guts kits in today. Nice kits. clean machining, everything went in smooth as silk. Even the all hated bolt catch roll pin. In fact, it was almost as easy as putting in the spikes coiled roll pins in. Was kind of surprised, but won't complain as that's my most hated part of a build (although, I was using a spikes viking and a mega forged lower, both of which are almost ALWAYS in specs, especially the Mega). All that's missing is a butt stock on each of the two lowers I assembled and a trigger (deciding what I want in these).

of course SOMETHING has to go wrong with every build and this time it was the freaking buffer tube alignment. I never have a problem with it, but for some reason whenever I cranked the castle nut nice and tight I couldn't get the buffer tube to be PERFECTLY aligned (usually you could see a slight bit of cant when looking down the tube). had to tighten/loosen/retighten about 6 times before I got it where the cant was teensy tiny and not worth effing with anymore. irritating, but I must have been off my game as I usually get those right on at MOST the second try. the second castle nut went on easily to my second lower build and with no cursing lol (of course none of this was due to the SOLGW kit, just bitching about SOMETHING being an irritant)

all in all. good kits, have one more Mega lower sitting in the closet, so very easily may grab another one to finish her off
    Last edited by msedward43; 05-01-19 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mike @SOLGW, do you plan to do a 12.5" Grendel barrel at any point in the future?

Page 69 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast