Page 78 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    "We the People" Rebellious Stripes Stripped Lower Receiver LIMITED JULY 4TH RUN!
    https://sonsoflibertygw.com/we-the-p...ower-receiver/

I think I need one.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Didn’t last long.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Didn’t last long.
    That ain’t no lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up. Ordered some and some LPK’s. Received today, outstanding products. SOLGW is doing it right.

Feedback Score
    Best roll mark I have ever seen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    I completely agree!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ordered a rifle from them lately. They seem like a good bunch to deal with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    I agree as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    Bolt carriers on sale for $115 at Primary Arms again, in case anybody missed them the first time around.

https://www.primaryarms.com/sons-of-...-556-phosphate
    Yeah I had to pounce on this deal. Thanks for the heads up. I also picked up the LPK.

These are still in stock at sale price. An absolute steal, me thinks.
    Last edited by Gunsnguitars; 07-06-19 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    Thought some of y'all might dig this

Paraphrased question from this morning:
    How do you choose your gas port size?

SOLGW answer:
    We start with a pretty educated guess for what the gas volume should be based on pressures, gas system length, dwell time etc...
    Do this a while and be familiar with what's out there for proven data driven results and you can get pretty damn close.

We then start smaller than our guess and incrementally increase gas volume (port size) until you have a little more than you actually need.

This is critical. I know there's a trend right now to see how little gas you can run your rifle on. Part of me thinks that's great because it highlights how ****ing over gassed a lot of barrels are. The other part of me thinks it might go in the wrong direction.
    Yes...you can get the gun to run on minimal gas in optimal situations.
    Our approach is to have a gas port/buffer weight relationship.
    Adequate buffer weight is just as important as gas volume when building a fighting gun.
    So, we use a gas port that will drive your heavier weights...because we want those heavier weights driving the bolt back into battery through whatever fouling or debris may be in the raceway.

Furthermore, you need ample gas to drive the gun thru less than optimal conditions... fouling, debris, dry, cold, worn rings, underpowered ammo, unsupported shooting positions etc.

Our goal is to keep the weapon within a certain operational envelop whether it's suppressed or unsuppressed...and to keep it operating no matter what.
    There's a goldilocks zone where we're not so overgassed that adding a suppressor will push it out of that operational envelop and we're not so undergassed that it doesn't have the horsepower to work thru the stuff I listed above.
    Always remember Priority #1: the gun must ****ing work.
    If you're doing anything to the rifle that's not contributing to Priority #1 you're doing it wrong.
    Comfort, speed, weight etc... if you're putting that over function you might want to rethink your approach.
    I'm not saying you can't improve those things...just not at the cost of reliability.

This requires testing. A lot of testing.
    Unfortunately there are a lot of brands and things on the market that test until it works.
    The trick is to test it until it fails.
    Getting something to work only gets you part of the way there.
    I see it everyday. There are products out there that work...up until they don't and you can tell they never tested the product under those circumstances.

Mike
    SOLGW

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 78 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast