Page 79 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

There was a lot of awesome info in this post, but the tail end of Mike’s post really rang true with me and I think every AR builder or owner should make this their mantra. It’s been my mantra although maybe not worded exactly the same, but the message is the same.

The mantra for those who build fighting guns and not Instasham guns or maybe competition guns.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post

Always remember Priority #1: the gun must ****ing work.
    If you're doing anything to the rifle that's not contributing to Priority #1 you're doing it wrong.
    Comfort, speed, weight etc... if you're putting that over function you might want to rethink your approach.
    I'm not saying you can't improve those things...just not at the cost of reliability.

This requires testing. A lot of testing.
    Unfortunately there are a lot of brands and things on the market that test until it works.
    The trick is to test it until it fails.
    Getting something to work only gets you part of the way there.

I see it everyday. There are products out there that work...up until they don't and you can tell they never tested the product under those circumstances.

Mike
    SOLGW

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    That’s some legit truth right there Mike. ****ing legit truth, If I may borrow your asterisks from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 07-11-19 at 18:49.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Livefreeordie92 View Post
    So I've looked for some reviews of their rifles and not much luck. Anyone on here have any gear from them? They list specs extensively and they all seem to check every box.
    Anyway I'm curious to hear what's out there. I'm considering them for my next upper just for something different.

Here is their basic midlength with moe SL furniture
    https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/co...nt=10455647553
    There's plenty of good stuff to choose from but you won't be disappointed with SOLGW. I use their "Blaster Packs" in my lowers and they're top rate and not overpriced respectively. If you know your parts, you will find the majority of their parts are top of the heap milspec. I try not to stray too far from milspec, and focus on the better milspec parts I can find. Additionally I like the owner/founders attitude, being a former SEAL he commits and stands behind his products and myself being former Navy, I appreciate his attention to detail and ability to keep his products down to Earth price-wise yet extremely high QC. I really should stop promoting their stuff, next thing you know demand will raise prices and quality and I will be sourcing overpriced parts from FN and Colt gain..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    There's plenty of good stuff to choose from but you won't be disappointed with SOLGW. I use their "Blaster Packs" in my lowers and they're top rate and not overpriced respectively. If you know your parts, you will find the majority of their parts are top of the heap milspec. I try not to stray too far from milspec, and focus on the better milspec parts I can find. Additionally I like the owner/founders attitude, being a former SEAL he commits and stands behind his products and myself being former Navy, I appreciate his attention to detail and ability to keep his products down to Earth price-wise yet extremely high QC. I really should stop promoting their stuff, next thing you know demand will raise prices and quality and I will be sourcing overpriced parts from FN and Colt gain..
    I want to make sure there's no confusion... I'm not a SEAL. I'm civilian scum lol
    I'm not sure if you're referring to me, Mike, or our other co-founder who is a SEAL.

I'm the guy who you see on the videos and who replies here.

I just want to make sure I address this in case there was any doubt.

Feedback Score
    I want to make sure there's no confusion... I'm not a SEAL. I'm civilian scum lol
    I'm not sure if you're referring to me, Mike, or our other co-founder who is a SEAL.

I'm the guy who you see on the videos and who replies here.

I just want to make sure I address this in case there was any doubt.

Some material I read. I'm impressed with your product line, if I lived in your neck of the woods, I would try to get involved. I rarely find a company that seems aligned with my values and you folks seem to be. I'm a disgruntled veteran, and a Son of Liberty. I'm really impressed with the parts I've ordered from you guys. I want to do a MK18 pistol build blk1 possibly blk2.5. I need a truck gun next in case I get overrun by milkshake toting zombies.. Just finished a Valkyrie SPR, it's pretty slick, has your Blaster Kit in it, and a bunch of other small parts. I used an old FNH BC, and enhanced 6.8 bolt. It shoots the cheap stuff 1 moa.
    Last edited by Core781; 07-13-19 at 20:53.

Feedback Score
    I really like the bolt catch roll pins being QPQ (nitrided) drenched. it mages them hella easy to slip in the receiver, as the bolt catch pin is one of THE most annoying bits to install if you're a DIY guy

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Just a heads up. We're having a blowout sale of certain uppers right now.
    They're built ready to ship.

Made a bit of a mistake in quantities for a project. This won't happen again lol

I scored one of these 18" uppers and put on an A5 lower w/ an H3 buffer, it is a sweet shooting machine offhand, I need to pop it on a bipod and really see what it can do.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Mike, how long is the turnaround for cerakoted or laser engraved receiver sets?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Mike, how long is the turnaround for cerakoted or laser engraved receiver sets?
    We're on live inventory now, so if it allows you to order it it'll be coming quick. Cerakote is about 2 weeks, but no longer.

Feedback Score
    I suppose it is relative, but be sure to use a roll pin starter punch and then it is even easier. If the job is being done with a flat punch from start to finish then, yes, it can be difficult and sometimes nerve-racking.

Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    I really like the bolt catch roll pins being QPQ (nitrided) drenched. it mages them hella easy to slip in the receiver, as the bolt catch pin is one of THE most annoying bits to install if you're a DIY guy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod26484.aspx

https://www.kakindustry.com/walts-tool

Use these, and your life will be easier.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 79 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast