Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Gun Works?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    That’s been my thought, but I don’t think you can buy a Solgw spec barrel from BA

Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    The finish and the font of the text looks very much like what Ballistic Advantage uses.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    That’s been my thought, but I don’t think you can buy a Solgw spec barrel from BA
    You think maybe Ballistic Advantage makes their barrels and adds some sort of secret sauce? The specs all look the same to me; 16", 4150 steel, 5.56 chamber, mid length gas system, QPQ treated. Arm or Ally has that Ballistic Advantage barrel on sale right now for $99.99.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    You think maybe Ballistic Advantage makes their barrels and adds some sort of secret sauce? The specs all look the same to me; 16", 4150 steel, 5.56 chamber, mid length gas system, QPQ treated. Arm or Ally has that Ballistic Advantage barrel on sale right now for $99.99.
    Keep in mind that, as discussed as nauseam here, specs aren’t everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

And usually everything in those discussions are speculation and hear say from what i have gathered.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    And usually everything in those discussions are speculation and hear say from what i have gathered.
    The barrel listed at Arms and Ally do not list High pressure testing or magnetic particle inspection. So...do you know that they do in fact do that test and inspection? One can count on SOLGW to do the inspection independently if it is not specified for BA to do it as part of their purchasing contract.

Second point, if you have a issue with the barrel you contact SOLGW and they will be the ones taking care of you.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    No but I guarantee the Solgw spec barrels (assuming ba does in fact make them) are properly gassed and built to their specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Exactly
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    All parts are not created equal. The same material can be sourced from any number of sources and it can be processed any number of ways. The manufacturers that have govt. contracted components are the only ones that have proven build quality. Everything else is a crap shoot. On a positive note, fortunately for us there are plenty of military contract parts available and dedicated folks who at least try to produce better. I can say using better materials with higher strengths doesn't always cut it, sometimes the old materials are better. And if you have a defense carbine, like myself you probably prefer not to be a beta tester..

Feedback Score
    Buy a pin guage set and get back to me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    Buy a pin guage set and get back to me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    So the difference between the Ballistic Advantage barrel and yours is the gas port size? Do they make them for you with a gas port size that you specify?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    So the difference between the Ballistic Advantage barrel and yours is the gas port size? Do they make them for you with a gas port size that you specify?
    Why does it actually matter?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast