5 12.20%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9mil pseudo-subguns: Kriss versus MP5

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I mean... there's always this if you want a pseudo sub gun:
    http://wilsoncombat.com/new/rifle-ar9-carbine.asp
    Fails the OAL requirement (along with every other AR-based pseudo-subgun I can think of... unless the MPX counts. But that's really more of an MCX than an AR).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Fails the OAL requirement (along with every other AR-based pseudo-subgun I can think of... unless the MPX counts. But that's really more of an MCX than an AR).
    even with a folding stock and short barrel?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    even with a folding stock and short barrel?
    Folding stock? What folding stock?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You'd have to add it on later I guess, along with the shorter barrel?

Also, the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 is pretty neat. My cousin has one, shot it a bunch. Kinda bad trigger, and you can't mount an optic to it if you fold it, and the charging handle sucks, but it's neat.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 04-10-16 at 23:26.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Swapping barrels and stocks on ARs isn't difficult, but it's not as easy as popping one or two pins (MP5) or loosening one screw and then tightening another (MPX).

So, I'm gonna go with, "No," on that one. :P

I also can't stand Kel-Tecs.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Swapping barrels and stocks on ARs isn't difficult, but it's not as easy as popping one or two pins (MP5) or loosening one screw and then tightening another (MPX).

So, I'm gonna go with, "No," on that one. :P

I also can't stand Kel-Tecs.
    yeah, kel-tec has some pretty bad products.

but the sub-2000 is neat! it looks ugly, but if you don't smile when you handle it in person, you probably aren't human

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

but the sub-2000 is neat! it looks ugly, but if you don't smile when you handle it in person, you probably aren't human
    I like mine.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, Koshinn, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

I do have an experiment you guys might be able to do for me, though.

It's... actually probably pretty dangerous so you shouldn't.

But with snapcaps, I know that with the "stock" folded on these, with a loaded magazine, if you charge the gun, the bolt will pick up a cartridge and the extractor will hold it against the bolt face - without chambering the cartridge. I also know that, with snapcaps, if you then press the trigger, the snapcap remains seated against the bolt face. Again, the chamber is not in the cartridge.

Now, the (un)safe assumption is that doing so with live ammunition will cause the cartridge to explode. The experiment is to see if the primer is hard enough that the firing pin punts the cartridge out of the extractor - or if the cartridge does, in fact, explode.

Would be interesting to see. But, again, dangerous, do not recommend. (Maybe one of the YouTube/Full30 channels can try it?)
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just want to hear someone say that it's a bad idea/the Kriss is "more better" and give supporting evidence... if they can.
    No one can, because no one serious is going hard with the Kriss.

It's a novelty gun.

Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    B&T TP9 and APC9 also exist.
    For crazy stupid money... plus it's just a Taurus CT9 for $1800 more with a source of mags.

They can keep that shizz.

Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    You might want to wait for the SP5k to come, if having an actual HK mp5 type means anything to you.
    SP5K is a figment of your imagination.

Because HK hates you (and you suck).

The Definitive Arms AKX-9 has been well received...
    Kalashnikov USA is an unknown quantity, and I'm not sure that they have even started shipping any of their US-made guns yet.
    Definitive Arms is not doing it right though.

Many years ago I explored building up a 9mm AK and spent a little time looking into the right way to shorten the receiver. Setting the barrel back in the trunnion and not modifying the receiver is amateur style.

Volk Armament does it correctly:

Saiga-9 will be an interesting addition to the market, especially if:

1) They bring in the Glock fed model.
    2) It runs.
    3) It is correctly priced.

Keltec = Saturday Night Special

Feedback Score
    I had a Kriss and just never warmed up to it. There was nothing wrong with it but I just didn't like it. I now have a Scorpion that I love and a Zenith Z5RS on order and can't wait for it to get here.
    Last edited by DRJ; 04-14-16 at 20:40.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast