Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT MRP still relevant?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    I think they are still a good choice, I think they dropped the ball with their skinny/light rail though. They should have gone with a keymod rail.
    I totally agree. A monolithic KeyMod/MLok rail would have been sweet, but I think they released their "slim" MRP/MWS just before KeyMod came out. I might be mistaken on that, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an LMT rifle but not an MRP.

It's on the bucket list.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I totally agree. A monolithic KeyMod/MLok rail would have been sweet, but I think they released their "slim" MRP/MWS just before KeyMod came out. I might be mistaken on that, though.
    I think you may be correct or they were within months of each other. For the money I think they also dropped the ball by not including steel inserts in their mounting holes. Repeatedly screwing and unscrewing from aluminum would be a concern of mine. Centurion Arms I think realized this and included steel inserts in their slim rails, but they are also releasing both a keymod and m-lok rail this year....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    When it first came out, it was the bee's knees. Continuous top rail, quick change barrels, and a super slim rail. But it was slightly heavy.

Fast forward to 2016 and now we see a trend for lighter rifles as well as a ton of extended rails on the market. Does anyone still use theirs regularly over other options on the market today?
    Mine is still my go-to hog gun for 556.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    How is it compared to the monolithic Colts?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'll also add they go quick here on the EE, that should be a clue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They were well represented at a recent TAPS course I attended (mine continues to work fine).

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I enjoy the wide variety of "standard" AR15's and configurations enabled by the insane aftermarket support, but my favorite is still the MRP. I trust them the most, I enjoy them the most, and if I could only have one it would be an MRP.

Feedback Score
    "Relevant" was a poor choice of wording on my part. One of the top selling points of the MRP was the quick barrel-change feature, I was just curious if anyone has actually constantly changed barrels once getting one? We all have that "oh yeah, I'm definitely going to be using that feature!" when we buy something, but then maybe realize that you can have an entire new barrel + upper for about a hundred or so more.

Too bad Spike's no longer offer their .22LR MRP barrel...seemed like a fun and cheap way to pull the MRP out for more practice. I know Marvin can convert barrels, but it's just an added expense.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is as relevant as the quad rail VIS.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast