Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: LMT MRP still relevant?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I think LMT needs to cut M-LOK to the end of the rail instead of an integrated QD. I'd rather have more usable M-LOK.

If it was to remain I'd at least want a steel insert for the QD cup to decrease wear and any potential damage. Just seems odd in how it stands at this point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I have a pair of the M-Lok MRP receivers, one carbine, one rifle length. Annoyingly, if you have more than one M-Lok accessory mounted, it's basically impossible to remove the barrel without first removing some or all of the accessories. If you have just one accessory mounted, and the screws don't protrude past the back of the m-lok nut, then you can pull the barrel.

Probably not a big deal for most people, but still.
    Slight necropost, but does anyone know if this is still an issue with current MLC/MLR uppers? Also curious if this is the case with their large frame MLOK uppers, as it seems like a fairly large limiting factor for those of us who like to mount bipods, foregrips, and lights to our rifles using MLOK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I imagine that it is still a “problem”. Not much that can be done about it as mlok attachments will occupy more space on the internal side of the handguard. The LM8 is the solution.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I imagine that it is still a “problem”. Not much that can be done about it as mlok attachments will occupy more space on the internal side of the handguard. The LM8 is the solution.
    I spoke with LMT yesterday, and they basically said the same thing. They did note that some of the screws and attachment plates work better than others due to the size and screw length. interestingly, the KDG Kinect MLOK QD mounts were mentioned by name as not having this issue. They did mention that the LM8 does not have this issue, and is compatible with CMR-compatible attachments.

It doesn't sound like LMT is going to modify the internal dimensions of the MLOK compatible monolithic uppers to address what seems to be a minor issue.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678