Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAR 17 or HK 762-Fast advice!!!!

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

SCAR 17 or HK 762-Fast advice!!!!

I need fast advice. My LGS has both HK 762(G28) and brand new Scar 17, FDE (which is what I want) for sale. The FN SCAR is $3230 ( a little high but he ordered 200 paid in full in 2014 and today he received his first 2), however, he has a HK 762(G28) that he will sell me for $3450 if I allow him to sell the SCAR to another customer. I put $600 down on the SCAR in 2014. He has a big money customer that offered an undisclosed amount of cash for the SCAR, so he offered me a deal to buy the HK for $3450, I already have a $600 credit which leaves a balance of $2850. The HK is not a MR308, it is a 2013 G28 with 2 tone tan/green camouflage-(my dealer purchased through a HKUSA demo buyback program). I am basically having to come to the table with the same amount money. Both guns as of right now are kind of hard to come by (in the FDE configuration). I like both HK and FN.

I have till 9:30am tomorrow. He is not giving me a deadline but if I choose to keep the FN, he will want to get it out of his shop by opening tomorrow. However, the HK I can pick up anytime.

This will be a fun 250-400 yard gun to use at the ranch. Shooting at steel targets. Maybe eventually late night hog hunting.

Please point me in the right direction.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'd grab the HK and run.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Buy the SCAR and sell it on Armslist for an undisclosed amount.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I presently own both and would take the HK every day of the week and on Sunday over the SCAR.

The HK trigger group is a good two stage, not G-Trigger good, but good. You're going to be forced to drop another $450 on a G-Trigger for your SCAR, because the SCAR trigger sucks that bad.

Be sure you factor that into your decision.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-31-16 at 20:30.

Feedback Score
    Take the MR762.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    when he pulled out the HK, my heart melted, it was almost like welcoming a newborn into the world, but without having to worry about college tuition and cost of raising a child. My mind was literally made up but was hearing conflicting arguments about both guns. Some guys were saying "keep the FN"," no one used the HK anymore", "all SF guys switched to FN" and hearing "HK has better barrel" "Seals still use HK"-(I could care less) and "HK is preferred DMR for top tier guys"( I could care less) - well, I care a little bit but..
    Anyways, he said he would throw in the Harris bipod and a couple of mags with the HK so I have officially made up my mind- HK all the way!

Now, what scope? Mk4? Nightforce?

Feedback Score
    I have never heard of a G28 being available for civilian purchase in the USA. Are you sure it's not an MR762 with LRP furniture?

I would think an actual G28 would be worth a small fortune for the H&K collectors.

Actual G28s will be very heavy; ~11.3 lbs. empty for the patrol version, ~12.7 lbs. empty for the standard version.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 03-31-16 at 20:50.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I have never heard of a G28 being available for civilian purchase in the USA. Are you sure it's not an MR762 with LRP furniture?.
    Not sure, this is a class 3 dealer and is also a distributor for Surefire, S&W, HK, FN and Armalite, They sell directly to the California dept. of Corrections, several police departments and sheriffs departments across the country and take in there old guns as trade ins and resell to public at wholesale. It could be a MR762 but I have never seen one in 2 tone camouflage before. It doesn't really bother me if it is one or the other. He called it an "A3", I was under the impression that the only "A3" was a G28. It has a standard length handguard with 16.5" barrel if that makes a difference. Ill pick it up tomorrow and post some pictures tomorrow evening.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats, good call.

I looked for the right scope for a long time, after looking at all of the usual German suspects I ended up with the MK6 3-18 CMR-W. It is super light and is a great match for the superb accuracy of the rifle.

(I have the MK6 1-6 on my SCAR)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Congrats, good call.

I looked for the right scope for a long time, after looking at all of the usual German suspects I ended up with the MK6 3-18 CMR-W. It is super light and is a great match for the superb accuracy of the rifle.

(I have the MK6 1-6 on my SCAR)

Which rail is that?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast