Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAR 17 or HK 762-Fast advice!!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CIM Tactical MLOK a really good, light rail that fits perfect. I have a G-Rail on one of my MR556's and have to pound it on and off with a rubber mallet.

ETA: I agree it is not likely to be a G28, especially at that price. I suppose the OP will see though.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-31-16 at 21:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Not sure, this is a class 3 dealer and is also a distributor for Surefire, S&W, HK, FN and Armalite, They sell directly to the California dept. of Corrections, several police departments and sheriffs departments across the country and take in there old guns as trade ins and resell to public at wholesale. It could be a MR762 but I have never seen one in 2 tone camouflage before. It doesn't really bother me if it is one or the other. He called it an "A3", I was under the impression that the only "A3" was a G28. It has a standard length handguard with 16.5" barrel if that makes a difference. Ill pick it up tomorrow and post some pictures tomorrow evening.
    It's my understanding that the G28 has never been for sale in the USA, due to issues with import/export laws; the only ones that were ever seen in the USA were owned by H&K and used only for industry conventions and stuff, despite the fact that the G28 is based off of the MR308 and not the HK762, and are strictly semi-auto. I could be total wrong, just relaying what I remember, since I'm something of an H&K fanboy, and have long lusted for an HK416 or HK417.

There is the MR308 A3, but that is strictly for the European/Canadian market, and not for import in the USA.
    There is the HK417 A2, but that is strictly for military/law enforcement sales, since that is select fire.
    There is the G28 E2, which is the standard version, with a 20" barrel and an obscenely chunky full-length rail.
    There is the G28 E3, which is the patrol version, with a 16.5" barrel, and a 10" rail.
    There is the MR762 A1, which is the American civilian version of the HK417.

The G28 accessories would fit the MR762 just fine, IIRC. There are guys on HKPro that have put a lot of effort in making G28 clones.

This is the MR762 A1 with the LRP II package:

This is the G28 E3:
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 03-31-16 at 21:26.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    this is the gun I am buying
    Attachment 38696

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    this is the gun I am buying
    Attachment 38696
    That looks... very interesting. It looks like it has ambi controls? Might be something special, do you have a picture of the rollmark?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I have a Mk6 1-6 on mine.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Listen to me here, buddy. You definitely do NOT want that rifle. It is totally bad news.

Can you give me the name/address/contract information of the guy selling it so I can let him know he should not sell it to you?

Holy crap, man, you fell into a sweet deal.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am very interested to see some pictures of this thing when you get it in custody!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Ok, so I got the gun, and to find out, it was in FACT a HK MR762A1, no big deal, however, it came from HK in all black in 2013-14 but a HKUSA dealer had the gun anodized and cerakoted in the HK RAL8000 brown/green and added the E1 stock and vertical fore grip and Harris bipod. Apparently HK doesn't like when dealers modify there products. Anyways, it is a carbon copy clone of a G28 but in fact a HK MR762A1. I think it looks awesome and I will post some pics later tonight. I only have an old cheap Tasco scope from the 80's so that is what I have on it until I get a suitable replacement- DONT HATE!! And it did not come with any mags, I have to locate a couple tonight.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I think you made the right choice. I have used a 7.62 SCAR extensively and while it's an excellent battle rifle (and surprisingly accurate given its weight) the HK seems like more gun for the money. If I was only going to own one for the uses you described I'd pick the one you did.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I think you made the right choice. I have used a 7.62 SCAR extensively and while it's an excellent battle rifle (and surprisingly accurate given its weight) the HK seems like more gun for the money. If I was only going to own one for the uses you described I'd pick the one you did.
    From what I have read, the SCAR and the HK are so far different from the AR platform. Either of those guns could not be compared to any AR so I had to keep that in mind. I originally wanted the SCAR, there was so much praise over the design, ergonomics and proficiency, whereas I heard similar about the HK but I also heard HK was way too expensive for what it was and that HK used only proprietary parts but seeing how HK is a world recognized brand, proprietary wasn't a deal breaker. The most common argument coming from anti-HK guys is that the gun would be 1/2 price if it didn't have HK on the lower receiver, but HK claims that 1/3 of all global special forces, SWAT, QRF, Security, Police and governments use HK products including MP5, MP7, G3, 416/417 and Grenade launchers and that demand could result in price increase. One thing I do like about the SCAR is it is relatively new and becoming more integrated into our US Military and NATO which means it will be around for a long time. I use the SCAR 17 almost exclusively in COD MW so I have some knowledge and experience. Maybe down the road I might still consider buying one but not use as a DMR type weapon.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast