Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: SCAR 17 or HK 762-Fast advice!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    There was always a chance that OP was scammed, but he decided to not clarify if that was the case. His choice.
    I had asked him about it before he bailed on us, and he replied by PM. I will pm it to you if you're still curious, since you were the one who caught it in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Go ahead. From sheer curiosity, not that I plan to dwell on that.

BTW This MR308A3-28 is really, really nice rifle. I would get one myself if I could afford that.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Question: does the H&K 417 family of rifles use the now standard-ish Knight's pattern magazines? I seem to have read and was under the impression that they (H&K 417) use proprietary magazines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    Go ahead. From sheer curiosity, not that I plan to dwell on that.

BTW This MR308A3-28 is really, really nice rifle. I would get one myself if I could afford that.
    PM sent...

My first time using that tapatalk feature, so let me know if it didn't come through correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason0311 View Post
    Question: does the H&K 417 family of rifles use the now standard-ish Knight's pattern magazines? I seem to have read and was under the impression that they (H&K 417) use proprietary magazines.
    Proprietary magazine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason0311 View Post
    As previously noted, proprietary; however, Spuhr makes a lower that takes the KAC patterned magazines:
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    As previously noted, proprietary; however, Spuhr makes a lower that takes the KAC patterned magazines:
    Are these actually for sale in the US or vaporware? I'll also note the lower would be considered a firearm, unlike the SCAR lower.

Feedback Score
    The upper fore end rail is available, have not seen the lower available anywhere from the usual suspects

Feedback Score
    Congratulations on an excellent purchase. Looking forward to hear how it shoots. Please do post pictures.
    Did you select an optic? What is your primary use/distances etc? I'd look at a nightforce 2-10x but sometimes more magnification helps older eyes or at longer distances.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Too late, but I would have said, go SCAR. The SCAR 17 fits my intended use more than the HK. The HK is just a heavy pig from my perspective. The SCAR is light and the recoil is easy. I can plink cans with a SCAR as if I were shooting an AR. Settling down with match ammo, produces excellent groups. I did a 20 shot group off a bi-pod in 3 moa with most shots much closer to one moa. 5 shot groups inside 1 moa with FACTORY 168gr OTM. It's a sweet all around rifle which is why they are popular.

I like the SCAR 17 so much I bought a second one.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast