Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Input on tuning my AK

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    What is the recommended krink spring weight? I'm wondering if I've just worn it out.
    If you gonna replace springs Snakehound it. http://www.snakehoundmachine.com/pro...ak-spring-kit/
    Former LEO (12 years)
    Paramedic
    B-TOMS
    TCCC
    TECC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    You want your AK to fire like an AR? I'm confused.
    Is there a semi-auto weapon platform in use today in which the users are NOT trying to minimize recoil and improve the trigger?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Is there a semi-auto weapon platform in use today in which the users are NOT trying to minimize recoil and improve the trigger?
    I'm not gonna pretend to speak for all users. Minimizing recoil on a 22 caliber semi auto rifle is pretty low on my list and I've never been picky about triggers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Minimize recoil on a 5,45 AK They recoil less than an AR. The stock return assembly is as good as it gets and no American springs sold using some woman is going to be better. Improve the trigger, HA! I haven't seen anyone improve it yet. A stock commie trigger is as good as it gets. American copies fail. The AK isn't a match rifle and no military type rifle should have a light trigger, it's unsafe. Learn to use what you have, it's not an AR.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserkr556 View Post
    Improve the trigger, HA! I haven't seen anyone improve it yet. A stock commie trigger is as good as it gets.
    Sounds like you have not used any of the great aftermarket triggers on the market. This statement is like saying there is no better trigger on the market for an AR other than a stock GI trigger.

Feedback Score
    Minimize recoil on a 5,45 AK They recoil less than an AR. The stock return assembly is as good as it gets and no American springs sold using some woman is going to be better. Improve the trigger, HA! I haven't seen anyone improve it yet. A stock commie trigger is as good as it gets. American copies fail. The AK isn't a match rifle and no military type rifle should have a light trigger, it's unsafe. Learn to use what you have, it's not an AR.
    Dude, go back to ARFCOM. Adults are talking.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    On the topic of triggers; I've used Arsenal triggers for a few years, and I've got 10's of thousands of rounds with them. Fast? Eh, sort of. But very good, predictable triggers.

I also have ~1800 rounds through my AKT, and while I can really get on it and get splits that rival my times on an SD3G, I have recently found that I can release the hammer before the bolt is closed, meaning the hammer just follows the bolt. I'm kind of "off" to the AKT now. If I can up my speed for the same accuracy, I'm all for it. But if the potential for me to outrun the gun is there (and it's there on every AK trigger, let me be clear, but I've never made it happen until now), then the added speed feels to be of limited value. I'm back to the Arsenal trigger on my go-to rifle, and to be honest, I'm a little hesitant to recommend the ALG for the time being. At least until I get another couple thousand through it, and see how it works for me long-term. Like I said, any trigger can do it, but the weight and shorter travel of the AKT just made it easier.

Maybe I'm being a drama queen, 1 malfunction drill out of 1800 isn't bad, but still, I'm sticking the trigger back into the "still testing" category.
    Last edited by Uprange41; 04-03-16 at 22:00.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Uhhhh...... Wut?
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dude, go back to ARFCOM. Adults are talking.
    Oh really ? Sounds to me you're the one from barfcom. I am an adult and I've been shooting AKs since my first one in 1981. Were you even born then ? I highly doubt it so don't you try to tell me about AKs. I have fired well over a million rounds of 7,62x39mm. I've owned at least one model of every AK that has ever been imported into America. So before you type some more bullshit you might want to remember I have far more experience with the AK then most people on this forum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    Uhhhh...... Wut?
    Same goes to you what I typed to 1911

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast