Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A1 carry handle with F-marked FSB?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A1 carry handle with F-marked FSB?

I've heard that some people have issues with sighting in as they're forced to bottom out the front sight post.

What can I do to correct this? Should I buy a different front sight post, is there one?

I'm using an A2 aperture with this setup (in an A1 carry handle) if it makes a difference.

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 28_days View Post
    I've heard that some people have issues with sighting in as they're forced to bottom out the front sight post.

What can I do to correct this? Should I buy a different front sight post, is there one?

I'm using an A2 aperture with this setup (in an A1 carry handle) if it makes a difference.

Thanks!
    The military designed the A1 to hit 3" high at 100yds so as long as you don't want to get it to hit dead on at 100yds you won't have to cut off some of the sight post detent spring. That is all I truly can say.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would try to sight it in as-is before you change anything. The difference between the two setups is only 0.040-inch. There is a very good chance it will work out OK. If not, then change the post.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwagon View Post
    I would try to sight it in as-is before you change anything. The difference between the two setups is only 0.040-inch. There is a very good chance it will work out OK. If not, then change the post.
    I'd go with this. Several years ago, I had an upper put together with a Colt 6920 barrel and a Bushmaster A1 upper. It zeroed fine, although the sight post was WELL below mechanical zero, it wasn't bottomed out
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you all, I will attempt to sight-in first.

Do they actually make different size front sight posts? I guess I didn't even realize that...
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Let us know how it works out for you.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 28_days View Post

Thanks!
    I built an upper with a colt a1 upper, and a bcm mid length barrel with f marked fsb. I did end up switching out the front sight post for the m16a1 front sight post. Zeroed east with that setup. Real handy rifle and my go to for a carbine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    I built an upper with a colt a1 upper, and a bcm mid length barrel with f marked fsb. I did end up switching out the front sight post for the m16a1 front sight post. Zeroed east with that setup. Real handy rifle and my go to for a carbine.
    Ha, I used a Nodak Spud on a BCM setup. What was the issue you were having? Did you need to bottom it out?

If that's the case, couldn't I just use a file to take a few swipes off?
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Feedback Score
    That was what my recomendation would be file down the sight post some if needed. I have thinned a few (A2) sight post for better accracy shooting (open sights) at some ranges otherwise unably to see targets.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blade_68 View Post
    That was what my recomendation would be file down the sight post some if needed. I have thinned a few (A2) sight post for better accracy shooting (open sights) at some ranges otherwise unably to see targets.
    Thank you!

I'll bring my file with my when I go to the range in a couple of weeks. I believe we're talking about a few fractions of an inch here. Then I'll just reblue the top and be all set.
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast