Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Range Report with SR-25 APC M-Lok

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Why did you choose the APC over the ACC.

I wish the barrel was chrome lined.
    I wanted the extra edge of accuracy the APC offers. Seeing a scope was going on the rifle and not a RDS, I went APC. I thought it was a good mix of the ACC and APR. I didn't see why I couldn't do everything the ACC does with APC, so I went that route.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Does the APC have a thicker barrel than the ACC? Or is the only difference SS vs CL?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Does the APC have a thicker barrel than the ACC? Or is the only difference SS vs CL?
    The rifle is about 1 pound heavier then the ACC if I remember correctly. Don't have the sheet up in front of me. Jack can probably give exact specs but the barrel is a thicker profile.

Feedback Score
    My ACC definitely tightened up a little after a couple hundred rounds. The ACC weights 8.4lbs without optics. APC is 9.12 for same. ACC is chrome lined 5R stainless barrel while APC is not chromed. While expensive, I think its the perfect balance of a precision system with general fighting rifle capability. This particular rifle shoots 5 rounds of 168 and 175gr FGMM between .60 and .75" at 100yds.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tpe187; 04-05-16 at 16:52.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Thanks Jack. I appreciate the info. I think I have the level and reticle pretty dead nuts right now. Spent probably too much time doing it, but wanted to make it right. I didn't see much copper after the first 5 rounds. Shot 20 after that and copper was very very minimal. I prob have an additional 40 through it after that. Have not cleaned it since Sat after the last 40. Didn't want to over clean, but not seeing much copper after the first 2 times, I was just going to run it. Thoughts?
    I wouldn't clean until you hit 150 or more. And I wouldn't do a complete copper clean. Just use hoppy or your local favorite. And don't clean the hell out if it. My 300WM was a 1 inch gun. 200 rounds later it was clover leafing. I have not cleaned it since my first shoot and clean "break in".

Not sure when I will either THE CAN IS BAKED ON. That's another story. Good luck with your awesome system.

PB

One more note, the best quality barrels don't foul up the same and they clean in 6 to 10 passes. So your should be the same.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-05-16 at 17:03.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I wouldn't clean until you hit 150 or more. And I wouldn't do a complete copper clean. Just use hoppy or your local favorite. And don't clean the hell out if it.
    One more note, the best quality barrels don't foul up the same and they clean in 6 to 10 passes. So your should be the same.
    I would generally agree with that unless a barrel is showing an issue.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Any chance KAC will make some more SR 25 ACC M Lok's? I've been looking for one and can't find any.

Also, how reliable are these across a wide band of ammo?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Congrats and good shooting!

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Any chance KAC will make some more SR 25 ACC M Lok's? I've been looking for one and can't find any.

Also, how reliable are these across a wide band of ammo?
    I think your best bet is to get with Ayan or Chuck. Boltcarrier and Operation Parts (Small arms sales) and have them order you one. Every once and a while you see items pop up on gunbroker too..

On the ammo, Duane and some guys at Magpul just did some testing with wide variety of ammo and he reported no issues with PPU, CBC, Federal, etc..
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-24-16 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We actually use SR-25s for our high volume .308 mag testing, and then most of us have our own. Duane just got an ACC, I've got a K1 and a MK11, and I think we have 8-10 in the armory of which 5-6 are test guns.

I have only fed mine Black Hills AB39, 118LR, or 110gr TSX but it works fine suppressed or not.

The work guns (OG MK11 16" Battle Rifle, ECC, MK11, 2x ECC trade-ins, 2x ECR) get fed a large diet of various ammunition and pretty much eat everything. I learned a long time ago, the key to the SR25s is maintaining them like an SR25, not a big M4. They're a lot more forgiving now than they were then, and the current guns are about as refined as you'd expect them to be coming from the authority in .308 pattern ARs. I treat my K1 like shit, and it couldn't care less.

Once upon a time it took me like a year to piece together a MK11 that shot like I thought it should; after playing upper and suppressor roulette with every spare my unit had I got what I wanted. I carried that gun for 5 years, treated it like a princess, and it treated me well. It was temperamental, but I needed it's capabilities at the time.

I then tried the HK, SCAR, and other AR pattern guns, and I have gone back to the SR platform and pretty much concluded it's still the best semi-auto .308 by a wide margin.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast