Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought another LMT MWS , have questions

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Bought another LMT MWS , have questions

I bought the MWS, pretty soon after they came out. Then I sold it after Obama orchestrated the finest gun sale in history. Wanted one since then.

Ran into my LGS and saw LM8MWSLTFDE, a Slick sided FDE , 16CL version with my name on it. I didn't run my last one suppressed much at all. I will run this one with a AAC 7.62SDN can most of the time.

Anybody changing the spring and buffer for suppressed? Does Vltor A5 work? What spare parts are available to buy online? Or what did you buy as a back up spare parts kit?

I have not been reading up on this system for a while, so hit me with any relevant data.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-05-16 at 21:38.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought the MWS pretty soon after they came out. Then I sold it after Obama orchestrated the finest gun sale in history. Wanted one since then.

Ran into my LGS and saw a Slick sided FDE , 16CL version with my name on it. I didn't run my last one suppressed much at all. I will run this one with a AAC 7.62SDN can most of the time.

Anybody changing the spring and buffer for suppressed? Does Vltor A5 work? What spare parts are available to buy online? Or what did you buy as a back up spare parts kit?

I have not been reading up on this system for a while, so hit me with any relevant data.

PB
    Can't speak for the suppressed part, but a VLTOR A5 system won't work. The stock LMT receiver extension on the MWS is actually A5 length since it uses an AR-10 carbine pattern buffer system. The upside to this is that it'll let you use standard AR-15 carbine-sized buffers to tune. PWS and Heavy Buffers make H4+ weight buffers.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I can't speak on the 16" MWS, but mine is a 20" CL which I have run suppressed (both super and subs) using the H3 buffer that came with it. No issues. Not sure if you've seen this thread, but lots of good info has been posted from guys who have experimented with running different spring and buffer combos. Good luck.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I run my 14.5" pinned CL 7.72, 16" CL 7.62, 18" SS 7.62, and 20" 6.5CM with a XH-carbine buffer and spring from Heavybuffers.com. Give Clint an email , he is very familiar with the LMT MWS platform.

I've used an AAC Cyclone, Saker 762, and a SF SOCOM762-RC with great results. Ejection is 3-5 o'clock depending on the ammo.

*I use a velcro pad on my deflector to prevent the cases from getting too dinged up (for reloading), but that's it. I may try a Gemtech SBC in my 14.5", if the 5.56 version works well in my MRP rifles.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Browsing LMT's website I did see MWS LPK's and BCG's. As far as spare parts kit goes those should do it. I don't have an MWS yet, but the one you got is exactly the one that I've been dreaming of. The only difference is I would like to get the light weight 16" CL barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Browsing LMT's website I did see MWS LPK's and BCG's. As far as spare parts kit goes those should do it. I don't have an MWS yet, but the one you got is exactly the one that I've been dreaming of. The only difference is I would like to get the light weight 16" CL barrel.
    Mine actually is the LM8MWSLTFDE , so it touts the lightweight barrel. Im a fairly stout fella, but this don't feel light .

That being said, what is the different in the regular vs LW barrel?

So far I have Troy FDE BUIS, g SSA, Knights trigger guard, new buffer tube and spring from Clint at Heavy Buffers. Ill get this mofo jacked up and me and Mark will air it this weekend.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-05-16 at 21:39.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Mine actually is the LM8MWSLTFDE , so it touts the lightweight barrel. Im a fairly stout fella, but this don't feel light .

That being said, what is the different in the regular vs LW barrel?

So far I have Troy FDE BUIS, g SSA, Knights trigger guard, new buffer tube and spring from Clint at Heavy Buffers. Ill get this mofo jacked up and me and Mark will air it this weekend.
    The LW barrel uses a aluminum barrel lug, and thinner profile.

Careful on the spare parts. I bought a LMT LPK and BCG last summer, and I ended up finding a LMT UPPER Chasis and built up another MWS on a Mega Arms Ambi lower. The whole build was sub 2K (with a 18" SS barrel).

Top: 20" 6.5CM
    Bottom: 14.5" pinned CL 7.62 (Mega lower)
    Last edited by domestique; 04-05-16 at 21:56.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post

Careful on the spare parts. I bought a LMT LPK and BCG last summer, and I ended up finding a LMT UPPER Chasis and built up another MWS on a Mega Arms Ambi lower. The whole build was sub 2K (with a 18" SS barrel).

I'm pretty much heading in the same direction here. Whenever LMT has it back in stock (hopefully not too soon as I don't have the disposable income at the moment), I'm hoping to pick up the LM8MWS slick upper receiver (sans barrel) and have my 20" CL chopped to 16" and ball milled for that upper. I plan on this being my "light" set-up (relative to what it currently weighs in at). For my standard MWS upper I hope to have the 20" SS 6.5 barrel in there for my precision set-up. Uppers will share the same lower until I can put one together and have two individual rifles. What does your 14.5" CL currently weigh in at?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post

Oh yes I understand that danger oh so well. I just upgraded my rail and bam. New upper.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It seems like everybody prefers ACS, ALS anything but sopmod which comes with MWS. I don't notice a huge difference. Now PRS with cheek riser is different story. Anybody splain this very well. Why not more PRS II's. Aren't they making lighter ones?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast