Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought another LMT MWS , have questions

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It seems like everybody prefers ACS, ALS anything but sopmod which comes with MWS. I don't notice a huge difference. Now PRS with cheek riser is different story. Anybody splain this very well. Why not more PRS II's. Aren't they making lighter ones?
    Sopmod isn't great for rear bag usage. ACS has a nice flat spot for rear bags. PRS is heavy. The new version is a hair lighter, but not by that much.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Mine actually is the LM8MWSLTFDE , so it touts the lightweight barrel. Im a fairly stout fella, but this don't feel light .

That being said, what is the different in the regular vs LW barrel?

So far I have Troy FDE BUIS, g SSA, Knights trigger guard, new buffer tube and spring from Clint at Heavy Buffers. Ill get this mofo jacked up and me and Mark will air it this weekend.
    Ok yes that's the one then.

I think domestique pretty much summed up everything there is on the LW barrel.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It seems like everybody prefers ACS, ALS anything but sopmod which comes with MWS. I don't notice a huge difference. Now PRS with cheek riser is different story. Anybody splain this very well. Why not more PRS II's. Aren't they making lighter ones?
    I plan on buying a PRS 2 once they are released this summer. I like the idea of being and to leave my carbine buffer in place. LMT makes their own version that slips over a carbine buffer tube, but it's 5.56/7.62 specific. The magpul version should be cheaper abs IIRC it is only one model for all calibers.

I'm currently running a ACS with a S.A.P.R cheek riser... it works well enough, but a PRS II would give me faster, and more finite adjustments.... I'll put the S.A.P.R on a SPR build I'm working on.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I plan on buying a PRS 2 once they are released this summer. I like the idea of being and to leave my carbine buffer in place. LMT makes their own version that slips over a carbine buffer tube, but it's 5.56/7.62 specific. The magpul version should be cheaper abs IIRC it is only one model for all calibers.

I'm currently running a ACS with a S.A.P.R cheek riser... it works well enough, but a PRS II would give me faster, and more finite adjustments.... I'll put the S.A.P.R on a SPR build I'm working on.
    Thanks for the info.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Sopmod isn't great for rear bag usage. ACS has a nice flat spot for rear bags. PRS is heavy. The new version is a hair lighter, but not by that much.
    Do you just buy a regular mil spec buffer tube ACS ?
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Do you just buy a regular mil spec buffer tube ACS ?
    Yes sir. All of mine are Mil Spec.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The ACS should collapse all the way on A5/308 length tubes, too.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mark tossed the trigger and all the goodies on today. It was a rare day of rain in PHX. So next week we will stretch that beast out.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I really like the ACS stock on the MWS and if I were to run it as a dedicated battle rifle I'd keep it there. But for what I'm doing with the MWS I can't imagine a better stock than the LMT DMR for it. If I ever decide to run the MWS in any other configuration the ACS would be my first choice. I know it's personal preference, but for this application I prefer it over the SOPMOD.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Took the MWS out for a test drive. In my infinit wisdom, I left the 7.62 Pmags at home. I keep mags in a range bag, which I didn't put in.....PITA to say the least.

Anywho, with a single feed approach we took a 50 yard on steel shot to see where the ACOG POI was. A little low and left. Made slight adjustment, shot on paper about 4/5 inches high and slight right. Pulled it down with a few clicks and it was just right of bullseye.

So, we took 3 sighters then shot 4 rounds with a 3.5X ACOG and shot MOA. This was with Marks first try with 4064 and NOT Lapua brass. We popped a few more rounds then did some other projects on the list.

That 16CL "lightweight" barrel is just flat out awesome. I'll get a NF on that gun sooner or later and see if we can make that a .5 gun. Very pleased with my second MWS.

Mark, post those pics when you get time.

PB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast