Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltActionAssault View Post
    This or a G2S seem to be a very popular value choice over a solid polished milspec (e.g. ALG ACT), but without spending SSA$$.
    The way this trigger is built and breaks and resets is more a competitor to the SSA or SSA-E, depending on the finger. I spent a day running side by side tests with an SD-C, the flat version of the SSA. In both my SBR’s anD IN A Recce/SPR config and I did prefer the MBT. I like the break and I liked the wider face and definitely like the price. I don’t think the G2S is in the same class as the MBT, but that’s pure opinion.
    I own some ACT’s. They are a good option and I still like them. But after trying the Hiperfire EDT2, Istopped buying ACT’s because I found the EDT2 to be a superior trigger in every regard. Especially when the EDT2 could be had for $59 on Joe Bob’s but I believe that was to deplete Hiperfires existing EDT2 inventory to make room for a new and improved EDT2 which I’m not sure what they improved. I do know that the EDT2 shot even the hard primer ammo I had when lighter ACT struggled on some rounds.
    But of course the preference for one part over another on our AR’s, is pretty subjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just received mine in the mail after about a 5 week wait (I chose the no rush option). The only trigger I have to compare it too are a few milspecs and a Geissele SSA-E. Seems very similar to the SSA-E, maybe a little lighter first stage and a little bit more overtravel. But overall I like the trigger face and reset more on the Larue. I’ll be shooting them side by side in week and can report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I installed one on an A4-type build I did last year. I haven't had that particular one to the range yet, but in dry-firing the thing, it seems to break very cleanly after a noticeable take up. I think I am going to like it, but this is my first venture in the AR world with a 2 stage. It has a strange feel after using single stages in my ARs after all these years.
    Last edited by squid8286; 04-27-18 at 23:42.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    These are on sale from now until x-mas for $87. I just received one and like it so much I ordered another. At that price I may even order a third.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I popped one in a 18" kinda all purpose gun I built for my dad. I have a SSA, SSA-E and SD-C to compare.

For me, It's the SD-C, all day. At the reduced price, though, I wont buy "mil spec - enhanced" triggers any more. These just became the new ALG triggers, to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I popped one in a 18" kinda all purpose gun I built for my dad. I have a SSA, SSA-E and SD-C to compare.

For me, It's the SD-C, all day. At the reduced price, though, I wont buy "mil spec - enhanced" triggers any more. These just became the new ALG triggers, to me.
    Yea I think the Geissele is a better trigger, for the 100 bucks larue puts his triggers at from time to time or the 87 they are now the Geissele isn't that much better. I've been randomly buying extra larue triggers for existing guns that had normal or pnt triggers in them. To me I want a good trigger pull and for that price the larue is a hell of a good trigger pull.

I'm not replacing the Geissele triggers or timney ones I have with them though. For anything new that will work with the larue though its going to get it.

Feedback Score
    I purchased an MBT $99 "I got plenty of time" at Thanksgiving last year.
    To my surprise it shipped in just a few days and arrived with this.
    Nice trigger. At a new standard price of $87 it must be giving heartburn to the competition.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just received one and replaced a Geissele SSA with it. For $87.00, it was money well spent. I'm looking forward to getting some time behind it. I do however like the wide trigger face. I will be buying another one while they're $87.00.

Feedback Score
    Does anybody know if these will run in a 9mm carbine? Specifically with the JP BCG? $87 is pretty hard to pass on, but I know the Geissele I bought made the gun a single shot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EHilderbrand View Post
    I just received one and replaced a Geissele SSA with it. For $87.00, it was money well spent. I'm looking forward to getting some time behind it. I do however like the wide trigger face. I will be buying another one while they're $87.00.
    In your opinion, how do you think it compares to the SSA?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast