Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    It’s a nice enough trigger with good feel but it does something to my safety. It takes a little more effort to move to fire and doesn’t click like it’s supposed to. Still trying to wrap my head around why.
    I suggest removing the trigger and safety lever, and reinstalling it again....applying a bit of lube to the safety.

I've got about 5 MBTs and they allow the safeties to act just like they do with ACT, SSA, PNT, and all my other triggers.....smartly moving between fire and safe positions.

Feedback Score
    Any MBT users ever tinker with the trigger spring? I love the MBT and went back and forth between the heavy, but ultimately decided to stay with the light. I do wish the light spring was closer to the 4.5# advertised though as both of mine pull about 3.5#. The light spring just has a poor reset and could be a tad heavier for me (but not as heavy as the heavy spring). Any idea if like a colt trigger spring might be a tad heavier than the larue light one? As much as I hate too many choices, I wish larue offered an intermediate spring as well, thatd be the ticket.

Feedback Score
    Hey EHilderbrand,

Just a quick tip about Your Trigger Shape/Feel, it's really an easy fix brother, remove said Trigger and break out dremel tool or drill, Grinding stone & or a Barrel sander and chuck it up. Then go to work grinding, sanding & polishing to get the shape and feel you want... Easy Peasy
    I did just this on an AR10 I have 2 wks ago, that was actually hurting my figure when shooting, the edges were too sharp, the casting was not deburred No where close enough for me.
    Now my trigger feels Great!

I Hope this Helps, Peace

Quote Originally Posted by EHilderbrand View Post
    As far as the wide trigger shoe, I'm not a huge fan of it but I would say I am getting used to it.

For the money, good triggers, however, I will not be purchasing anymore, as I do prefer the rounded edges and overall feel of the G triggers.

Feedback Score
    I purchased an MBT Nov 2017. $99. Back then they stuffed the box.
    Great trigger at an even better price.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 02-25-19 at 08:37.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I just installed an MBT-2S...so far I am impressed. I think list price was $87 and total with tax and shipping just barely surpassed $100. It took about 5 days to get to my door after placing the order.

I've shot many light triggers and prefer them for some applications. For instance I have a 2 lb Timney spring in my Browning A-bolt 7mm Rem Mag hunting rifle. I had a 2.5 lb Timney trigger on my Weatherby Mark V 338/378 Wby. I have a 3 lb Timney single stage trigger on one of my AR's. I have a Volquartzen trigger in my 10/22 that is feather light. And I have an Alexander Arms trigger installed on my 300 blackout mostly because it was the thinnest trigger pad I could find (one more indicator to remind me it's the 300blk AR in my hands) and I have it set to about 3 pounds. I really like my light triggers.

I did not want to put something like the above mentioned triggers into my 11.5" HD BCM. I wanted mil-spec ergonomics, but smoother and just a little lighter. I made do with the mil spec trigger because I didn't want to dish out for a G trigger. I made due through a few classes, several hunting trips and numerous range trips. I only short stroked the trigger (didn't release to full reset) when in classes and things were moving faster for me. Needless to say, I still wanted to improve the trigger without breaking the bank. So glad I finally jumped onto this LT trigger set at the truly incredible price point. This could easily be a $240 trigger as well, but it just isn't. Good Job Mark! and LT.

Real world pull weights that I just measured with my Timney trigger spring scale

Mil Spec trigger that came pre-installed in BCM lower from G&R Tactical after ~2500 rounds

dry firing in a vice block

5.9 lbs
    6.3 lbs
    6.0 lbs
    6.0 lbs
    6.1 lbs

MBT-2S immediately after self install

dry firing in vice block

4.1 lbs
    4.1 lbs
    4.0 lbs
    4.0 lbs
    4.1 lbs

= About a two pound drop in total trigger pull weight from a broken in mil spec trigger. Much more smooth and crisp in my trigger finger and head. According to the numbers, a little more consistent as well.

The take up and reset distances are all the same as far as I can tell, but the smoothness and feel is tremendously better with the LT trigger. Take up is precise and break is very crisp.
    The reset with the mil-spec trigger gave a rock solid feel, almost like it hung up for a second (may be the cause of me short stroking) and the audible click sounded like it could be heard across a field. The LT trigger reset is just as positive feeling but again smoother with no hang up and I believe less likely to cause me to short stroke the trigger in rapid fire. The audible click is more natural as to how a rest should sound.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mike, I installed the heavier trigger spring on one of my MBT triggers and I like the fact it requires a little more deliberate pull and has a slightly crisper reset. I left the standard spring in my "precision" AR.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just started having a really weird issue with an MBT-2s in one of my guns. I installed the trigger, and there has been a good 100-200 rounds through the gun since installation. I was shooting the gun earlier this weekend and then again today, and had the exact same stoppage like 3 times. The trigger shoe doesn't return forward after the gun cycles, even if the hammer catches. The gun will not go on safe, and there is no slack in the trigger; again this is with the hammer in the 'fire' position. You can't even put your finger behind the trigger and manually reset it. It feels very locked in position. I checked the lower and there are no popped primers (had this issue with a bad batch of ammo) the trigger springs are in right and everything is clean and lubed with white lithium grease. Also this issue has happened with both live rounds and cycling the gun by hand.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I just started having a really weird issue with an MBT-2s in one of my guns. I installed the trigger, and there has been a good 100-200 rounds through the gun since installation. I was shooting the gun earlier this weekend and then again today, and had the exact same stoppage like 3 times. The trigger shoe doesn't return forward after the gun cycles, even if the hammer catches. The gun will not go on safe, and there is no slack in the trigger; again this is with the hammer in the 'fire' position. You can't even put your finger behind the trigger and manually reset it. It feels very locked in position. I checked the lower and there are no popped primers (had this issue with a bad batch of ammo) the trigger springs are in right and everything is clean and lubed with white lithium grease. Also this issue has happened with both live rounds and cycling the gun by hand.
    I would call Larue ASAP.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I would call Larue ASAP.
    This ^

But me usually being impatient I’d want to inspect the tiny spring that sits on top of the trigger bar under the disconnector/hook.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Have 4 Larue triggers. 3 MBT-2S and a MBT-1S. Love the 2 stage. The jury is still out on the 1 stage. It feels a bit stiff.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast