Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just got two of them in (after a three month wait) and installed one, but have only dry-fired it. I like it. Take up is smooth, the break is clean, and reset is positive, even with the lighter of the two trigger springs included. I won't get a chance to actually use one until the semester is over (got finals and my IFR check ride fast approaching!), but I can report back when I do.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I played with a couple when they first came out. It's about like an SSA. I don't know what it was, but I could not shoot well with the one I had in an SPR.

I ultimately went back to Geissele because I just didn't like the looks of the MBT and it didn't have anything under the hood compared to an SSA or SSA-E.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KITTEN_FRENZY View Post
    I have one on order.

From the research I've done, the only thing that sucks about it is the long wait (unless you wanna pay extra).

LOL, wait, what?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    LOL, wait, what?
    Yea, LaRue has this new system that if you "have plenty of time" (god knows when you get it) it's only $125 but if you "can't wait, gotta have it now" it's $200.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    So I'm just guessing, but I'd wager the lack of responses is based on the probability this trigger isn't widely used by the folks on this forum, who seem to primarily be in one of 3 camps:

Camp 1: "shoot the piss out of the stock trigger, and it will get better..."

Camp 2: "why screw around with guessing when Geissele triggers work great and are a proven entity?"

Camp 3: "yeah, I wanted a better trigger than the gritty mil spec that came with my rifle/LPK, but didn't want to pay for an SSA, so I bought an ALG-ATC/QMS, Sionics, or a BCM improved mil spec...I'm good to go..."

Again, I'm guessing, but I'd believe 95% of folks here fit into one of these camps. But I could be wrong....
    That’s what I was thinking, but still I thought I’d get some responses. I see I have now. It’s strange how different the answers can be based on the forum one posts the question in, but this is the only dedicated AR forum I’m active in. Signed up for the other forum years ago, and I’ll bet I don’t have 20 posts there.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I have one in my 18" AR. The closest comparison would be to a Geissele SSA trigger. I like it for precision shooting. First stage is clean to break point. It breaks a little crisper than the SSA and the face of the trigger bow is flat instead of convex, (the SSA is slightly convex) which I personally prefer when shooting for precision. LaRue ran a promotion on the MBT last year and sold them for $125. IMPO, the trigger is worth all of that.

NC
    Thank you. I was hoping for feedback from someone that has used the LaRue and Geissele SSA triggers. Sure wish it was possible to try both before purchasing. I’m still choking at the cost of the SSA and the cost of the LaRue is much more reasonable. It’s still $125 if you don’t mind the wait. $199 if you want it now.
    Gary

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bb223 View Post
    I like mine.

I don't know enough about triggers to give any real insight but it's very crisp and take-up/slack, to me, seems pretty long but that's fine because as soon as you hit the wall it breaks super crisp.

Only other non-GI trigger I've used is the 3.5# CMC flat and I feel the CMC has faster splits but it is a single stage so that might have something to do with it.

MBT was definitely worth the $125, I don't think I would've even considered one at the original $250 price though and was going to get the SD-E but grabbed the LaRue on sale and grabbed a lower for less than what the SD-E would be.

I'm happy I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by KITTEN_FRENZY View Post
    I have one on order.

From the research I've done, the only thing that sucks about it is the long wait (unless you wanna pay extra).
    I don’t mind the longer wait for $125. I’ve been tossing this around for quite some time and most of you can probably relate to wanting a nicer trigger after putting a scope on the gun. I now have a 1-4 scope on it and I know my groups would tighten up with a better trigger. I find myself pulling the trigger and I know from some nice triggers on some of my non AR guns that a good trigger makes all the difference.
    Gary

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    I just got two of them in (after a three month wait) and installed one, but have only dry-fired it. I like it. Take up is smooth, the break is clean, and reset is positive, even with the lighter of the two trigger springs included. I won't get a chance to actually use one until the semester is over (got finals and my IFR check ride fast approaching!), but I can report back when I do.
    A 3 month wait? Man, just in time for winter. I wonder if the $124 option is a 3 month wait for everyone that goes with that option?

I was 45 before I ever took my first flying lesson. Bought a plane and had a friend who was a CFI II so I got some hard IFR time in my log book, but never had the desire to get my IFR ticket. Hats off to those that do. It’s another skill level all together.
    Gary

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    I played with a couple when they first came out. It's about like an SSA. I don't know what it was, but I could not shoot well with the one I had in an SPR.

I ultimately went back to Geissele because I just didn't like the looks of the MBT and it didn't have anything under the hood compared to an SSA or SSA-E.
    Good feedback. Thank you. It’s a tossup between the LaRue and the Geissele SSA. It’s not that I can’t afford the SSA, it just seems like an awful lot of money for a trigger.
    Gary

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here is a early review of the Larue trigger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wNdgFxXno
    I believe the currently produced ones have a new/stronger trigger spring. It increases the weight on the MBTs by about 1 pound, and offers a stronger reset.
    I would also like to see them enlarge the radius on the trigger bow edges a bit more. Although not cheap price wise, Wilson Combat also offers excellent triggers for the AR. I like this one. http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical...TR%2DTTU%2DH2/
    Last edited by Biggy; 04-06-16 at 12:00.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast