Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I currently have a LaRue MBT. I bought last year when it was $250. The wide and flat bow took a bit to get used to as well as the reset. It just seemed to take a bit longer to find the reset compared to a Gieselle SSA. My next trigger will most definitely be the Wilson TTU (Paul Howe model). I like the MBT enough that I would buy it again if it were still $250.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Yea, LaRue has this new system that if you "have plenty of time" (god knows when you get it) it's only $125 but if you "can't wait, gotta have it now" it's $200.
    So it was $250, then $125, then it is $200, but it is really $125 unless I actually want it in a timely manner?

I had an industry friend comment to me that he would never lower the price on his rails, this was probably 10 years ago when everyone wasn't making rails. He said if he did, Larue would lower their rails, and a price war would go back and forth, and that larue would sell things at a loss to spite people and cause damage to companies if he could. Seems something similar is going on here as well.
    Last edited by Stickman; 04-06-16 at 23:02.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    it's just a form of price discrimination. Price being $125, indefinitely backordered, with a premium option of $200 for immediate delivery.

If a $75 premium is worth it to you, so be it. That being said, at a $75 premium, he's still priced $20 cheaper than his declared competitor, and at the base price he's racking up backorder commitments, preventing sales he may otherwise lose at $200 to an established competitor.

Find a gap, market wise. Exploit it, and you'll get both customers who were underserved, as well as customers who might otherwise have chosen another route, but consider your product a substitute at your price point.

I went up against people like him before. At least in my business you need to have a large cash reserve because of the cyclical nature, but also because new entrants do things like this. Even if they have an established business and subsidize the new product to gain market share, they can only do it so long before it affects the bottom line. At a certain point the health of the business takes a priority over grandiose visions of pure market dominance raining chaos over all other competitors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Here is a early review of the Larue trigger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wNdgFxXno
    I believe the currently produced ones have a new/stronger trigger spring. It increases the weight on the MBTs by about 1 pound, and offers a stronger reset.
    I would also like to see them enlarge the radius on the trigger bow edges a bit more. Although not cheap price wise, Wilson Combat also offers excellent triggers for the AR. I like this one. http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical...TR%2DTTU%2DH2/
    That was a good review. Wish he had one for the Geissele SSA. I haven’t been able to find that kind of review on the Geissele SSA at all.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    If a $75 premium is worth it to you, so be it. That being said, at a $75 premium, he's still priced $20 cheaper than his declared competitor, and at the base price he's racking up backorder commitments, preventing sales he may otherwise lose at $200 to an established competitor.
    The $125 price is $95 cheaper than the Geissele SSA which makes it attractive, but for the $200 to get the trigger now would be a no brainier to spend the extra $20 for the Geissele SSA. $95 is a chunk of change for me. There are times I may not shoot my AR for 3 months or more. I’m no closer to making a decision than I was when I started this thread.
    Gary

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I have one in my 18" AR. The closest comparison would be to a Geissele SSA trigger. I like it for precision shooting. First stage is clean to break point. It breaks a little crisper than the SSA and the face of the trigger bow is flat instead of convex, (the SSA is slightly convex) which I personally prefer when shooting for precision. LaRue ran a promotion on the MBT last year and sold them for $125. IMPO, the trigger is worth all of that.

NC
    Yea I got one of the first ones when they were 125 as well. I've only dry fired mine though as the gun it is in isn't ready. I put mine in a bcm lower that has a bcm mk12 mod1 upper on it. The AEM5 suppressor is on order and I still need glass.

Anyway I personally prefer single stage triggers and my ar-10 for instance has a timney. I also have bcm lowers with their trigger and a 14.5 inch gun with a Sionics. On the lower end I'd say the sionincs and bcm coated triggers are good. On the larue trigger side from dry firing it feels good, I don't expect any issues with it. If I was building another gun and wanted an upgraded trigger I'd be considering one again for the price.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have had a Larue MBT for a few months. I also have an SSA-E. I like both. Different triggers with different feels, for different puropses in my opinion. I had a carbine class last week, in which mucho ammo was be expended. I like the SSA-E, but the MIM construction and the light feel of the hammer spring do cause me a little concern. I ran the MBT through the class, and it performed great. Very sturdy construction, and loved the feel for this particular class (CQB, move and shoot stuff mainly). I have a second MBT now, and will run it on my new duty gun when the upper arrives from BCM.

Feedback Score
    A month since I started this thread and my procrastination / research has ended. I shot my AR the other day at paper at 100 yards and decided no more procrastinating. I just ordered the Geissele SSA Trigger. A nice surprise was that having it shipped via USPS is free.

There is just no way for me to try triggers before buying. Something I wish I could have done. I live hours away from any metropolitan area or any organized shooting ranges. I’m sure I’ll be happy with the trigger. I may update this thread once I have some time behind the trigger. I appreciate all the input. In the end, I think LaRue’s marketing strategy for getting the trigger now for $200 or waiting up to 3 months and getting the trigger for $125 was a bit of a turn off.
    Gary

Feedback Score
    I think you'll be very happy with the SSA. I love my SSA-E which is 3.5 lbs. The MBT is supposed to be 4 and yours 4.5.

After waiting for 9+ weeks my MBT is scheduled for delivery on Monday. The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

Going to put it in a 7.62x39 build. Can't wait to get rid of the garbage mil-spec trigger that's holding it's place.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thsnks op I have been debating on triggers as well,and this thread has helped my thoughts! I await your thoughts on the ssa!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast