Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i have an mbt. i like two stage triggers in general. i do not have a geissele to compare it to.

i like it better than the cmc single stage 3.5 pound trigger that i have. i dislike single action triggers in general.

it is comparable to the ar gold trigger i have from an older larue rifle. i actually see very little differences, but i'm also not a trigger tester. they both get the job done.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo45 View Post
    Geissele are milspec triggers? None of my issued milspec M4 and M16 guns had anything that resembled a Geissele. Weird.
    Ok, on the cast part, you may be correct. Cast, MIM, whatever.
    And no, I do not have any long term testing results. Just my own opinion on looking at both designs and constructions. I do have a couple thousand plus rounds on an MBT and its been rock solid so far.
    Not a LaRue hater, in fact I just recently received the MBT I ordered back in January.

However, the Geissele SSF is an issue item for SOCOM. https://geissele.com/super-select-fi...r-trigger.html

Feedback Score
    received an MBT recently. It took right at 2 months from order to my door. I installed the MBT and spent some time playing with it. The "lighter" trigger spring is the basic standard trigger return spring found in most AR parts kits. It gave a 3.75# pull by my trigger weights with a crisp break and good reset feel. The design is basically the same as the Rock River Arms match trigger, but built out of better steel (S-7) and fully machined to a far superior level of quality. At $124.99 and 7.95 shipping the Larue MBT is by far the best bang for your buck in a 2-stage match trigger.

I have some Geissele triggers and could not be happier with them. The SD-E and the SSA-E are very similar to the MBT as far as pull weight and feel. I also have SSA , SD-C and G2S models.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    Just received shipping notification. A touch under 8 weeks for the $125 option. Can't wait. Will likely order some more.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    Just received shipping notification. A touch under 8 weeks for the $125 option. Can't wait. Will likely order some more.
    I guess they've finally ramped up production. The last one I ordered took over 90 days to receive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I guess they've finally ramped up production. The last one I ordered took over 90 days to receive.
    Yeah they quoted 8 weeks when I ordered and delivered. Ordered 3/15.

Feedback Score
    Got mine a couple weeks ago. It feels really really nice. I'll be ordering another.

Feedback Score
    Well I got out today to try the MBT and the SSA-E "side by side". Actually two identical lowers, but for the different triggers, and one 5.56 upper.

I wasn't expecting much after dry firing the MBT. But shooting was a different story. I am very impressed.

The break on the MBT is remarkably crisp. Moreso than the SSA-E. Bill explains the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E as the SSA breaks like a carrot and the E like an icicle. Well... The E is the carrot and the MBT is the icicle.

Just my observations. It's a steal at the current sale price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
    Well I got out today to try the MBT and the SSA-E "side by side". Actually two identical lowers, but for the different triggers, and one 5.56 upper.

I wasn't expecting much after dry firing the MBT. But shooting was a different story. I am very impressed.

The break on the MBT is remarkably crisp. Moreso than the SSA-E. Bill explains the difference between the SSA and the SSA-E as the SSA breaks like a carrot and the E like an icicle. Well... The E is the carrot and the MBT is the icicle.

I got my SSA trigger installed today. I’ve only dry fired it, but it’s a huge improvement over the mil spec trigger. The grit is gone! Plan on shooting it tomorrow then I’ll update this thread with targets I shot last week and targets from tomorrow at 100 yards. Thanks for the update and the comparison with your SSA-E.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post

I like a more rolling break. I tried an MBT and could not shoot it well at all. I do much better with an SSA-E or an SSA.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast