Thread: Magpul MOE SL and light with full for-end grip (LONGSHOT)

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Magpul MOE SL and light with full for-end grip (LONGSHOT)

Trying to keep my costs down on my AR 10.5 pistol with a Levang comp.

I am using a MagPul MOE SL fore-end that I bought used. I like this fore-end for gripping but not finding a light mount that fits my wants.

I would like to use my Streamlight ProTac 1L or 2L light but cannot find a suitable mount that will keep the light from affecting my full C-clamp grip on the end. Plus I want to keep the light close to the lines of the rifle (in other words.....not hanging way out there)

I contacted IWC and they have a mount MP MOE SL but I would need to buy another light which is not what I want to do.

Sometime back I observed a MP MOE SL fore-end that someone drilled at 12 o'clock to mount a IWC light mount. I cannot find that image again.

LONGSHOT!
    Anyone have a SL mount with Streamlight ProTac 1L or 2L light that does not compromise gripping by the FSB?

Feedback Score
    I recently purchased this handguard and am running into the same issues. I was wanting to get the 2L so I purchased the cantilever mount and run tlr1 in proxy. Not enough space for a far out grip. I really like the look of the hg so I feel your pain. I may look into the in force wml .

sent from LazerPhone

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I am assigned a 12.5 SBR for duty carry. I put a MOE SL on it and a assigned TLR1.

I purchased the FSB rail mount and I had to grind on the MOE SL for better fit and ease of light removal.

While I did not want to buy another light....I may have to go in that direction. I can get a full end grip with that set up.

I will snap a pic of it and install later today.....in the mean time...search continues.

In the mean time, this is a IWC mount with a 1" light with M4 hand guards on our Patrol Rifles. this works for me....but I prefer the extended grip potential of the MOE SL.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 08-17-16 at 07:17.

Feedback Score
    Are you willing to use your pressure switch for the 2L/1L , if so you might be able to run their smcxl mount upside down. If you look at the photo imagine flipping the light and mount to left side so its low hanging.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerblazer View Post
    Are you willing to use your pressure switch for the 2L/1L , if so you might be able to run their smcxl mount upside down. If you look at the photo imagine flipping the light and mount to left side so its low hanging.
    hmmmm.

here is my duty rifle....and while I like this set up....its not my equipment. Not in the position to buy new equipment as I just spent $$$$ on G19 Gen4, G19 Gen 4 Upper, RMR RM06 and sent the package to L&M for RMR machine work....so I am out of the game for a while.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    scooter.....thanks....thats the article I read where they drilled at 12 o'clock on the fore-end.

Feedback Score
    Edit: never mind, the link was posted.

Sent from my SM-G920V
    Last edited by bigboi98; 08-17-16 at 15:36.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Well I came across a good deal on a TLR-1 (300 lumen)

I purchased a FSB mount from Amazon (free shipping) Midwest Industries Light Mount that I rolled the back end square edges and painted them black with Aervoe. Had to do a little trimming on the forend, but hell it works perfectly for my set up.

I put the light on the opposite end as I use a C Clamp grip and my thumb is already there for manipulation of the switch.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was gonna suggest trying the Mossie Tactical Midnight Mount

Last edited by MistWolf; 09-04-16 at 05:00.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American