Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shouldering a "pistol"

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgj1119 View Post
    Just wondering what would happen if they're are shouldered ...<snip>... in a self defense situation
    That question is irrelevant.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgj1119 View Post
    I have 2 pistols. One with the sig brace and one with the shockwave. Just wondering what would happen if they're are shouldered while shooting. What about in a self defense situation
    Shouldered pistols are the new Schrodinger's Cat

#SchrodingersPistol

Feedback Score
    I've got a Draco AK pistol with an SB47 brace, and it's my understanding that it's legal to own & fire one as long as I don't shoulder it. period. There's no self defense situation that's going to override a law.
    But I've always been under the impression that it IS OK to shoulder an AR pistol, as the buffer tube is necessary for operation and isn't added as any kind of stock or brace. Maybe I'm wrong, but logically I don't see the difference between the two. But the law may see my SB47 brace as something that was specifically added as a brace that MAY be interpreted as a stock.

I think the big grey area is that according to the law, it becomes a rifle when it's shouldered. Yet nothing about the pistol has changed. Something that would be difficult to prove. I'd rather not be that test case.

One thing I do know, if you send a letter to the ATF and ask if this borderline-illegal thing/weapon/posture/idea is OK, the answer will probably be 'NO'.

And if Big Brother is reading this, I never speed, and always pay my taxes on time...

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Considering that using the Sig brace for a cheek weld appears to be shouldering from just a short distance away and already hearing of busybodies at ranges willing to swear it was shouldered, I don't even take it out of the case unless I am alone at my range. When all my SBRs are approved, the pistols will be no more. Well, except one spare lower just in case I feel enough threat to need inside the truck.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There's nothing defining the minimum distance the brace needs to be from your shoulder. Either you're comfortable using a brace, or you're not. Don't over think it
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Or stick it in your chest.
    chest =/= shoulder

Feedback Score
    Pistol ARs are dumb. Never understood em. Just freakin FormX the lower and be done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Pistol ARs are dumb. Never understood em. Just freakin FormX the lower and be done.
    In all fairness, their are those that don't have that option. Granted, if I didn't have the option, I would choose a 16" over an AR pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    In all fairness, their are those that don't have that option. Granted, if I didn't have the option, I would choose a 16" over an AR pistol.
    Some people don't have either of those options.

I lived in Chicago. AR pistols = technically OK after the conceal carry act was passed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pistols can be concealed
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast