Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Glock 26 vs. Glock 43 vs. Glock 42: which do you prefer?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    On this topic,

I can actually shoot my 26 better than any other handgun I own at the moment.

I love the trigger, and the Austria rollmark just makes it that much better.

I also, due to tactical muffin-top, have a hard time appendix carrying and having access in a vehicle and such.

So, hip carry it is, or pocket carry if I am wearing a pair of "Duke" jeans. Because dang the pockets are huge on that brand of pants; which makes a very nice and smooth pocket carry.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike169 View Post
    Oh good, we've come full circle with this thread to the token "cops are gun novices who never touch their guns which are usually covered with rust and not even loaded, I know, I've seen it.."
    I attend the same range here that the Sheriff's department trains at, and a very good friend of mine transferred out of there recently. He told me they were allowed a few hundred rounds a month to train with, and only had to qualify with their duty weapon once a year.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Think of the 26 as a 19 that carries better on the ankle or in a pocket. I didn't like the feel at first, but it has grown on me. The 12 round mags are very reliable, although the Hornady 100 gr. Critical Defense Lite would not feed consistently through one of mine.

I sold my 43, but it was very comfortable in the waistband. Too big and heavy for regular pocket carry. Probably would have tried Talon Grips or stippling if I would have kept it.

In my experience, the 42 is the least reliable. However, it is relatively easy to shoot and carry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    the Hornady 100 gr. Critical Defense Lite would not feed consistently through one of mine.
    Tell me more.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Tell me more.
    I bought a couple boxes just for reliability testing and comparing recoil.

They fed fine through the 10 round mags. When I loaded the gun with 12+1 I had 3 failures to feed.

The 12 round mags work with regular 115 gr Critical Defense, American Eagle Suppressor 124 FMJ, Federal Guard Dog 105 EFMJ, and every hollow-point I have tried including Federal 135 gr. Hydra-Shok Low Recoil. My carry load is Winchester 147 gr. bonded.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213