Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are 3 1/3 years post Sandy Hook and I still can't buy 22LR at Walmart

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

We are 3 1/3 years post Sandy Hook and I still can't buy 22LR at Walmart

This is getting ridiculous. Is anyone even remotely close to $0.05/rd anymore? I was seeing 10c/rd a few months ago but now it seems to be up to 15c/rd.

Does anyone have any factual data on why this stuff is still so scarce? Are neckbeards still camping out at Walmarts?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. Is anyone even remotely close to $0.05/rd anymore? I was seeing 10c/rd a few months ago but now it seems to be up to 15c/rd.

Does anyone have any factual data on why this stuff is still so scarce? Are neckbeards still camping out at Walmarts?
    I will tell you why in a nutshell: everybody is still out stocking up on the stuff for no damn reason.

Last fall, my girlfriend and I asked the Walmart ammo counter guy when they get their shipment. IIRC they said they get it Friday or Saturday, but the main point was they put it out early Saturday evening.

Sure enough, we showed up early Saturday evening and there was a LINE of people to get it. We managed to get a couple of boxes, but by the time we checked out and looked back at the number of people who came in after us, we could tell that their entire shipment was being bought out as we were there.

Helluva thing.

Wait until it looks like Hillary is a shoo-in and EVERYTHING will be in short supply.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think it's a combination of extra demand from new people getting into shooting and people still hoarding. I've bumped into a few boxes here and there at local Walmarts recently, but that was just pure luck. I think for the most part it's like Doc Glockster experienced...It's all bought up within minutes of being put on the shelf.

I also read somewhere that rimfire priming plants are very expensive and difficult to set up, and that has prevented manufacturers from bring more production online as they have for centerfire. Seems reasonable, I guess.

Anyway, it sucks and at this point, I don't foresee EVER again being able to walk into a store whenever you want and buy what you need of 22LR. The days of unlimited access to bricks of 500 for $10 each are gone for good. When Hilary is elected shit is going to be full retard for years and years.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I work at a small LGS in SW Virginia. We've had 6000+ rounds of .22 (CCI, Federal, and Remington) sitting on the counter for the past 3 weeks with only a few bites. Prices on what we have range from $.07/rd to $.11/rd. The folks who have bought only buy a few boxes at a time. We had another 6000 rounds come in from a distributor today that will sit in the back until what we currently have on the shelf sells out.

It's still difficult to consistently find 22 at the local Walmarts because folks are still camping out and buying it as soon as it's stocked (several of these guys operates a pawn shop in the area). I've also heard rumors that some of the walmart employees hold ammo back for themselves so that they can flip it at the gun shows, but I don't have any solid proof of that.

ETA, our cost on 22lr is high enough now that there's no way we could sell it for $.05/round.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 04-08-16 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    Most be your locale.
    I just bought 500 rnds of CCI Mini Mags 40 gr for 7.9 cents/round.
    They display cap had plenty left and even more of the 36 gr Mini Mags.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupflyer View Post
    Most be your locale.
    I just bought 500 rnds of CCI Mini Mags 40 gr for 7.9 cents/round.
    They display cap had plenty left and even more of the 36 gr Mini Mags.
    This^. I can buy as much as I want, as often as I want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know. I think demand is still up from where it was Pre-sh but I seeing it more often, around $35 a brick. Hell was up at Cabela's last weekend. They had TWO displays, full of Remington .22lr and a bunch of other stuff on the shelves. It wasn't moving fast. I grabbed 500 rounds because am going to be taking a friend's kid out and teaching them the basics so I figured it would be a good idea to grab some. Another LGS usually has bricks in the $35-40 range as well. Have seen it as low as $28 though on occasion as well.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I stopped looking for it long ago; 9mm is the new .22

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Around here the LGS's have it, but it's priced high. Big box stores get in it on a regular basis and as others have mentioned, it's gone within a couple hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Last time I bought .22lr, it was $0.03 per round. I still have some.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast