Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We are 3 1/3 years post Sandy Hook and I still can't buy 22LR at Walmart

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    I work at a small LGS in SW Virginia. We've had 6000+ rounds of .22 (CCI, Federal, and Remington) sitting on the counter for the past 3 weeks with only a few bites. Prices on what we have range from $.07/rd to $.11/rd. The folks who have bought only buy a few boxes at a time. We had another 6000 rounds come in from a distributor today that will sit in the back until what we currently have on the shelf sells out.

It's still difficult to consistently find 22 at the local Walmarts because folks are still camping out and buying it as soon as it's stocked (several of these guys operates a pawn shop in the area). I've also heard rumors that some of the walmart employees hold ammo back for themselves so that they can flip it at the gun shows, but I don't have any solid proof of that.

ETA, our cost on 22lr is high enough now that there's no way we could sell it for $.05/round.
    Do you guys ship ammo?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    LMGS has CCI $7-8 per hundred available in pallet quantities, and it's largely unsold. Yet our Wally world sell out as soon as it's stocked.

Just crazy, and I've largely stopped shooting .22 much out of annoyance more than anything.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Easy solution, don't shop at Walmart. Waaaay too many exposed butt cracks in that place for my taste anyway.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They buy it up and sit on it, never diverting much or any to practice/training. The profiteers, I can understand, but how many of those prepper/hoarders would catch a bullet 2-3 shots into the first fight? Stockpiling in insane numbers is stupid.
    Last edited by Joelski; 04-09-16 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    They buy it up and sit on it, never diverting much or any to practice/training. The profiteers, I can understand, but how many of those prepper/hoarders would catch a bullet 2-3 shots into the first fight? Stockpiling in insane numbers is stupid.
    I hope they all do

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Easy solution, don't shop at Walmart. Waaaay too many exposed butt cracks in that place for my taste anyway.
    And not the good kind.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Cabelas constantly has .22 ammo for sale at $.06-$.07/round online. Ship to store is free. Store availability is hit or miss in my area, but I do all my buying online for the most part. If you know how to work extra discounts and coupons you can get the price of .22 ammo down in the $.05/round range.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Do you guys ship ammo?

We don't. We are too small to make it worth while at this point.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 04-09-16 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Never seen 22LR except for the crazy Eley stuff at $25/50 at the LGS.

At those prices I would drive to TX buy the whole supply and come back to FL and sell it.

Hmm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most of the big box stores around here only have Eley or Aguila for $.10 + while several LGS have a good selection of bricks and bulk packs for $.05+

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast