Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We are 3 1/3 years post Sandy Hook and I still can't buy 22LR at Walmart

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    And not the good kind.
    Oh hell no!

Feedback Score
    Short answer. Yes, neckbeards are still buying it up. I've stumbled upon it at Walmart and Dunhams 3 times in the past year probably. 50 round boxes of that Aguila stuff for $6 a box. and CCI Stingers for the same price per 50. I bought a couple boxes for family and friends that want to teach their kids but I personally don't have much interest in the cartridge.

I'm sure the big box stores get it in, but it's gone within hours. You get your normal line up people when the shipment comes in, and then whatever is left is bought up by johnny who calls bubba who calls billy, who calls cooter etc. Demand on .22 and ammunition in general is up significantly since the sandy hook atrocity but .22 seems to be the most visibly affected still.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. Is anyone even remotely close to $0.05/rd anymore? I was seeing 10c/rd a few months ago but now it seems to be up to 15c/rd. Does anyone have any factual data on why this stuff is still so scarce? Are neckbeards still camping out at Walmarts?
    Region and vendor dependent. I routinely walk by quantities of CCI, AE, and Rem .22lr at .07-.10/rd and the premium target grades for more. Scheels and Cabelas in MN, the dakotas, and Nebraska seem to get it regularly. At one, quantities of AE at 4.99/50 were unlimited and sat for awhile. It just isn't much of a thing.

Haven't seen .03-.05 rounds and I don't know that we will again.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just came back from a Bass Pro shop here in FL.

They had 500rd bricks of Remington for $29.99...well, they had it listed. Shelf was empty Qty limit of 1 box per person.

Guy said 3 days a week they get a pallet of it and the same old guys come in when the store opens and buy one, go to the car. Come back, buy one, go to the car, and repeat the process.

****ing ridiculous!
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    We are seeing very little in our area but I believe it has to do with the guys who are retired and have the free time to show up when it hits the shelves and buy it all to resale on the internet.

kwg

Feedback Score
    I have not seen a brick of normal .22 ammo in years around here and refuse to pay obscene prices. I hope all these people buying it to resell choke and die. My solution was to buy a .17 HMR for light plinking and pest control as the ammo is easy to find and the accuracy/terminal ballistics are impressive for a rimfire.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It doesn't help that our range around here does old guys .22 shoots on every wednesday. Not only do they have time to camp out at walmart and buy up all the stock, they have a day at the range to bullshit and piss it away.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    It doesn't help that our range around here does old guys .22 shoots on every wednesday. Not only do they have time to camp out at walmart and buy up all the stock, they have a day at the range to bullshit and piss it away.
    Added this to my retirement plans.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Added this to my retirement plans.
    I was going to say, I don't see the problem here. My old man usually spends 4 days a week at the local trap ranges bullshitting and shooting a little while hanging out with the other old retired farts. Hell on thursdays they go out to the range more as a reason then to get breakfast than anything. At least those guys are buying it to shoot it. Hell, buy them a few beers and you can probably talk them into grabbing a brick for you.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Guy said 3 days a week they get a pallet of it and the same old guys come in when the store opens and buy one, go to the car. Come back, buy one, go to the car, and repeat the process.

****ing ridiculous!

Why do they keep selling to them? That's the pisser.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast