Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to use Paypal for an EE purchase?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How to use Paypal for an EE purchase?

Fellow member has an item for sale in EE that I would very much like to purchase. I have already contacted the individual to set up initial agreement.

However, I have never used Paypal to purchase an item from someone off of EE before. I do have a Paypal account.

What do I need to do/can I do to expedite paying the fellow member on my end as a complete NEWB to this experience?

I am fine with being 'ripped a new one' for being so clueless, I only ask that instructions be given along with the 'ripping'.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Get their PayPal email, click send payment, enter their email address. All done.

The fastest is to not fund with e-check. That takes forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for the info. Between you and the seller, I was able to almost complete the process and must admit being a bit embarrassed at how easy it nearly was.

I've only used Paypal for Ebay, and I haven't touched either in so many years my credit card on file has expired. However, when I attempt to enter in the new credit card info, my phone will not pop up the keyboard or even allow me to hold my thumb in the field to pop up the paste from clipboard function in any of the fields. All I get is a blinking cursor despite being able to input info into every other field from logging in up to that point. I am a bit flustered over my amature hour sh*t-show, but will hopefully have everything rectified when I get home from work and can jump on an actual computer.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I rarely use it from my phone. Don't have space for the app and I have had issues with the mobile site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    It's usually easier to set up a paypal account on desktop and then use it on mobile.
    Sellers can either invoice you or you can send them the payment using the email they use for thier account.

Typically there is a fee associated with the use and that's up to the buyer to cover.
    Goods and services option will give you buyers protection but you will need to factor the fee into what you send. Never mention gun stuff when it asks what it's for. I usually put "For agreed sale*

Friends and family option factors the fee into your payment but offers no buyer protection.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you both for the continued info. The website is what I am having the problem with, I do not have the app.

I am willingly incurring the extra cost of going forward using the 'for goods' option with buyer protection and have already agreed with the seller on the final price.

Just annoyed at the lack of cursor response for mobile users on Paypal's add payment method portion of their site.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    That's what I ment. I don't really like the app either but I use the mobile version on my phone and it is missing some features that you would find using a laptop or desktop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gotcha, no worries.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The fee involved is actually the seller's responsibility to cover, but they often pass it on to the buyer by requiring the buyer to pay an additional 3-4% if using the goods/services option.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I understand, and am OK with that.

I have since gotten home from work, jumped on an actual computer and finally been able to finish the transaction by adding a new credit card to my paypal account. Just waiting on the transfer to be complete and seller to be able to send the item.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast