Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: broomhandle grip on the vfg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why is this still a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because there are different aspects of each grip. That, and we were waiting for your valuable input...
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Search is your friend:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/google.php...3584j3246294j6

The reason people get a little sarcastic over this is because it's been asked and answered a few times.

In addition, as posted above, way too many variables are in play to make a simple determination about the technique's value, based on who does or doesn't use the grip (not to mention basing it on photos or a movie). Your gun setup, arm length/strength, activity, shooting style, and previous training and experience will all determine how you grip the gun and why. Better yet, run some of your staple drills a couple times, using both grips. Find out for yourself if it works for you.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana193 View Post
    Played around like this around my house for 30 min, can't say I'm sold on c clamp yet.
    And why isn't your at-home experimentation enough for you to conclude that using a VFG is suitable for YOUR intended purpose? Why do you need to be "sold" on one method vs. another? Sounds like you've already sold yourself on one method.....and isn't that enough?

Feedback Score
    The c clamp grip puts rounds on target faster, more accurately for me. I can clear my house quick enough it's not an issue. I wouldn't walk around like that for extended periods though. The situation dictates how I'm holding the gun.

The benefits really come out with live fire, but I'm also faster on target with it. I thought pointing my front thumb would be better, but found I was more consistent with thumb wrapped over the rail. Ymmv.

I'm not a door-kicker, I just shoot sometimes.

Feedback Score
    On one hand the c-clamp grip sounds really good in theory, but if the top door-kickers aren't using it, is it really a valid technique in a combat situation?[/QUOTE]

The first photo shows who I believe to be Pat McNamara..... I would most certainly refer to him as a "top door-kicker" as you call them.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The mo' tired you is, the more you find yourself creeping back towards the center of gravity.

You'll eventually wish you had an elbow brace/stabilizer for the support side arm.

That said, lights, lazzzzzzerzzzzz!!! and other shit crammed on 7" rail starts getting crowded quick. Thus, VFG. Without one, on 7" rails, a solid support-hand purchase on weapons with peculiar modifications ain't happenin'.

Bottom line, the C-grip is a superior option for target-to-target transitions, recoil mitigation, faster follow-up shots, etc.

Use what works for your given situation. T'aint rocket science.

Feedback Score
    Shooters preference bro. Thread done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12