Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Warrior to Novak's this week...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Kimber Warrior to Novak's this week...

Just sent my #2 Warrior to Novak's.

Simple upgrade path:

Perform a "Reliability Job" on it -- {Throat barrel, polish feedramp, adjust extractor, check chamber dimensions, refine breech face, test fire for function}
    Replace extractor, sear, disconnector, hammer, slide stop, firing pin amd firing pin stop with Ed Brown Hardcore parts as supplied
    Replace all pins with Ed Brown "upgrade" pins
    Replace mag catch with Ed Brown extended piece, as supplied.
    Supply and fit a King's combat ambi-safety
    Sight in at 25yds with 230gr ball ammo
    Tune trigger to 4.00-4.25lbs

Should be 4-6 weeks.

When it gets here I will be placing coyote brown Simonich Gunner's on it.

My box stock Warrior wears black gunners and has 2500rds on the clock with only a recoil spring change -- I needed a way to tell them apart.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That sounds like one hell of a 1911.

How long did you sit on Novak's waiting list before you got the call to send it in?
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    No wait other than the specified 4-6 weeks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN
    Just sent my #2 Warrior to Novak's.

Simple upgrade path:

Perform a "Reliability Job" on it -- {Throat barrel, polish feedramp, adjust extractor, check chamber dimensions, refine breech face, test fire for function}
    Why would you buy a pistol that you know needs a "reliability job"? Shivan, Kimbers are overpriced production, MIM filled crap. You paid for a complete pistol, and are content knowing and all you really got is a barrel, frame and slide?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No wait other than the specified 4-6 weeks.
    Wow that’s surprising.

I'd have guessed Novak's waiting list would be years long.

I can't wait to see this baby.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    I can't wait to see this baby.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    Why would you buy a pistol that you know needs a "reliability job"? Shivan, Kimbers are overpriced production, MIM filled crap. You paid for a complete pistol, and are content knowing and all you really got is a barrel, frame and slide?
    Please leave your assumptions at the door. The fact is you have NO IDEA what I paid for this pistol. You also seem to have missed that I am upgrading nearly every part that would even remotely be suspected of being MIM, except the plunger tube.

I suspect that if you knew what I paid, and what it is costing for the upgrade, you'd realize that it's difficult to stand with both feet in your mouth.

Further, it appears that in your haste to offer your misguided opinion of my situation, you missed where my box stock Kimber Warrior is at 2500rds with no failures on MIM parts, or otherwise.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I suspect that if you knew what I paid, and what it is costing for the upgrade, you'd realize that it's difficult to stand with both feet in your mouth.
    That was going to be my first question.

The second is, am I reading your initial post correctly? They are installing parts supplied by you? Is the 4-6 week turnaround a "hook up" that you have or standard?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s
    They are installing parts supplied by you? Is the 4-6 week turnaround a "hook up" that you have or standard?
    If you supply quality NEW parts, like Wilson, Brown, EGW, etc, they will install them for you.

If you supply junk, they will refuse it, and quote you a price of installation for quality parts.

I have had two other pistols worked on there. There was not a waiting list I knew about, so I emailed them, got a quote and sent the pistol after I understood the charges. Both of them were completed in around 3 weeks. They were both quoted as 3-5 weeks.

This time, I printed out a work order and sent the pistol. They emailed me the price and I told them to proceed.

In the end, I am getting a pistol with quality parts, good workmanship, and a lower price than something even remotely similarly prepared.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Close, but it won't look quite like that...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast