Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the allure of drop-in cassette triggers?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

What is the allure of drop-in cassette triggers?

I don't get it. Is it a simplicity thing for people that don't know how to install a separate trigger/hammer/disconnector? Is they some other advantage with them I am missing or is it just another way to skin a cat?
    Last edited by titsonritz; 04-11-16 at 21:02.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    People, myself included believe its probably tuned and tested and more likely to have a higher quality control versus typical LPK triggers, however, I am just fine with the milspec trigger and can install my pins just fine! Of course some believe its the pinnacle of a fully modded rifle and want one more specific part to name when pontificating at the range.

Feedback Score
    You talking about the "self-contained" units like the Wilson or something like the Geissele? If it's the latter you must not own one!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    You talking about the "self-contained" units like the Wilson or something like the Geissele? If it's the latter you must not own one!
    I belive he is talking about cassette style trigger packs

As easy as it is to install a "normal" trigger group, i don't think they really qualify as "drop in"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been 'exposed' to the idea that the trigger will still function even if the lower or pins fail, by people who adhere strictly to using Timney triggers in their ARs over G triggers.

I find the idea dubious, poorly reasoned and disappointingly impractical.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    The best drop in trigger will always be better than the best non drop in trigger.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I do own Geissele triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by zackmars View Post
    I belive he is talking about cassette style trigger packs

As easy as it is to install a "normal" trigger group, i don't think they really qualify as "drop in"
    That is correct, I clarified the OP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What again makes the Rise different from the G triggers? Dont take that as a smartass, I really dont understand the mechanics of it that well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So they have a convenient place for a popped primer to fall into and jam in place so it cannot get at other internal components in the rifle. And since most of the cassette style triggers I've seen are sealed, you can go buy another one to replace it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    So they have a convenient place for a popped primer to fall into and jam in place so it cannot get at other internal components in the rifle. And since most of the cassette style triggers I've seen are sealed, you can go buy another one to replace it.
    Frim experience I take it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast